Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Cat 500 vs. honda Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2000, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arctic Cats have better front differentials than Foremans, more wieght(plants tires better), better tires, and lower gearing. ADD these all up and you have a 450 being draged by an AC 500 in a pull off.

PS. I had a pull off with a 450es that had 27" Vampires. Even with his traction advantage he could not move me(till some 350 lb tub of lard started pushing his 450). Now that I have my tires I want to have that pull off again to see what will pull what with factory tires.

Old 11-17-2000, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

A Rubicon is not a Foreman 450. The Rubicon has the new sur trac front end, it also weight a little more than a 450.

Old 11-17-2000, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

True, but the Rubicon still weights alot less than the Cat, has less power than the 450, still has lesser tires than the Arctic Cat, and I'm not sure about the gearing on the Rubicon.

Old 11-17-2000, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

I would put my money on the AC

check this out

http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconn.../nyatvpull.cfm

Old 11-17-2000, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

Boner. Do you feel like a real man with that name you got yourself? With you and you Ac you must need that kind of name. Me and my boys here think you are a fake. I have to compliment your website, but where are the picts. of your AC in the mud? I wasn't to impressed. And wow, that is a lot of air you got there, like a whole 10 inches. I get more air hopping logs. I do like the climbing of those ramps in the closed position, i can climb better than that with a two wheel drive. And a ac 300 outpulling a honda 450, my grandmother laughed at that one. Enough with the critisism, you are starting to **** me off.

You tell me when and where, and we will have a convention.

Old 11-18-2000, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

I don't need a name, quad, or what ever to know how much of a man I am or am not. I let other people judge me by what they see me do and what they hear me say.

Well you and your boys can come down to Breaux Bridge, Louisiana and see how fake I realy am.

Thanks for the complement. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but most of my riding I do is alone. When I do ride with someone we take pictures for the first 5 min of the ride then forget about the camera cause of all the fun we are having mudding.

Sorry I don't jump high enought for you. IN that picture I got about 4-5 ft of air, but my brother took the pictures to early. I went the next day and showed a 9 year old little boy down my road how high I could jump cause he didn't think I could jump. When I jumped that day I got about 6ft of air cause I was able to grab 3rd gear on the less muddy terain.

About the trailer climbing. I would sure like to see you climb that with any 2wd. The ground was wet and one of my rear tires was on an ant pile and it got sideways on me for a second climbing it. I could have gone higher but I was already on the rear rack and it felt alittle too steep for my taste.

If you don't believe me when I say that an Arctic Cat 300 out pulled a 450 then thats you. The 300 would bog down and not move in low range against the 450 but in super low it drug it with the 450 owner shifting gears on the asphalt. But I know you don't believe it so there is no use in me saying this right??

I didn't come here to make you happy. If I would have come here to make you happy I would not mention all the times I know of Arctic Cats outperforming Hondas, but since I come here to help fellow ATV riders I tell the truth and mention it. If that makes you unhappy don't read it.

Like I said earlier, Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. Time?? How about with-in the next 8 days? I'm sure I will be free for most of those days with the holidays and all.

Or if you are planing on going to Marengo I will PROBALY be there for the year of 2001. I will be happy to show you how much of a fake I am there.

Have a nice day.

Old 11-18-2000, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

Snowrider I,m just going to make that long address clickable for you.

ATV pull reasults from N.Y
http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconn.../nyatvpull.cfm

Old 11-18-2000, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

the new "sur trac" front end by honda is nothing more than a Arctic cat front-end except with a steeper angle on the bevel washer. Both are a cone ratchet action diff. Originally used on Land Rovers.

I would happily hook my AC 500 to a Rubicon,Traxtor, or any other.

Hey BONER with my recent Front End mod, I think that would be a fun pull off

Old 11-19-2000, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

So does the steeper angle make the front differential better or worse??

I want to hook up with my factory tires so they can't say I had any kinda of advantage.

Old 11-19-2000, 01:49 AM
Trailblazer

most cases the steeper angle makes it pull all four better but not always

Quick Reply: Cat 500 vs. honda Rubicon