Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

07' Arctic Cat Fenders

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07' Arctic Cat Fenders

Throughout my research on this website and others I've concluded that most of the Arctic Cat fender problems have arised from the 2006 models. I, however; do not have the facts on whether or not the materials were changed when making the new fenders or not. If there was a change and the problems are not occuring due to rider error then is Arctic Cat going to fix this problem before the 07's come out? Does anyone know whether or not AC has tried to reduce these fender problems for the 07' models and if you don't where do you think I could find out? I tried to contact AC directly through their customer service department, but they do not handle phone calls as they come. I was asked to leave a message and haven't done so yet. I don't want to be a pest to them, but as a last resort if I can't get this information from any of you then I may try to leave them a message.

I've never broke a fender on any fourwheeler I've ever owned, which were all Honda's, but I'm going for the best with Arctic Cat this time and these fender issues are scaring the heck out of me. What a terrible way to break a new and un-abused fourwheeler. I don't have money to keep dumping into repairs on a set of new fenders so if I must wait on AC to correct these problems for the 07's I think it would be well worth it. I do not need the bike until late summer anyway when I begin setting up for hunting season. Thanks so much to you all that have responded to my rookie AC questions!!! You guys are really helping me out!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

? How did it happen,Ruff housing,..Two big to go between those berches,and cracked her,grrrr the bigger they are the more they irratate,lol tc gl.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

Have you gone to a dealer so you can compare 05 vs 06 fenders? I think the 06 fenders are painted plastic & are harder while the older ones are the usual colored plastic all the way through used by everyone else.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Range Rover

what problem? i own a 2006 and havent had a problem with it and my fenders are lime green all the way through not painted! dont get scared away by hearing someone say they broke a fender because if that is the case my father in law has a honda with the back fender getting broken (of course it rolled down a mountain 15 times) but the problems that MOST people have are self imposed.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

What problem? That would be the problem of painted fenders cracking (the paint) and spider webbing on at least some 06 AC models...see the other thread in this forum.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Range Rover

the only webbing i have heard of is on one new 700 where the paint looks like it is peeling the cracking is from running the bike into a tree or rocks not a defect in the plastic a big reason could be plastic can get brittle if it gets cold then if you hit it it will crack there is no problem just because a very small percentage of fenders have been broken.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, the 700s Yes, it is from hitting something, still lame to have this happen on an ATV fender.

Old 04-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer

Aight guys, here it is. I talked to a salesman today that also competes in several atv shootouts. He told me today that he is in really good with AC and he will be going to Cancun, MX the first week of July when they unveil their 2007 lineup. He assured me that the paint issues on the AC's where stricly found on the new 700 because it is the only bike AC makes with this type of painted fenders. The problem came about when AC did not put enough "flex" in the solution when the paint was mixed causing the paint to come off a little easier than expected and once there is a spot of paint missing on the 700 then more will begin chipping off. I still think there should be no excuse for these paint issues and AC should fix this problem quickly. However, the 06' model fenders on everything else are not painted therefore there isn't any problems with the paint chipping. Man does that make me feel better. Also, he showed me his three bikes he owns, which where kept in the back of the store's storage, and the fenders on these were severly scratched, but nothing broken. He assured me that any fender will break if you're not careful and smoke it with a tree or something else. Most cracked fenders seem to be a result of careless and sometimes reckless driving. Anyways, I thought I would share this with you all. I'd love to hear your imput. Thanks and good riding.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like the explanation we were looking for...so what are you looking at, a 07 700 or a different 06 model?

Old 04-08-2006, 01:47 AM
Trailblazer

I'm looking to buy the 06' 500 with a manual tranny. I'm also gonna throw on a set of 27" Super Swamper Mud Lite tires with some ITP rims. Oh, and I must not forget the winch this brute will need if I ever stick it. Don't think I'll ever get it stuck since I don't ride that hard, but if I ever do I'll definitely need a winch due to the weight of this thing.

I may, however; wait until the 2007 models come out just to see what new features they pick up. Also it would only seem logical that I waited until I needed the new atv right before next bow season so my warranty isn't counting down while the fourwheeler isn't being used. If I buy it now I won't get that much use out of it until next hunting season anyway so the warranty will be covering my new fourwheeler as it is sitting in the shed.

Quick Reply: 07' Arctic Cat Fenders