Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

unbelievable!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unbelievable!!!!

when i first bought mine in 2002, the shocks wouldnt work for anything,dealer said to lift it and try. didnt work either, so i took it in and they tried it at the dealer. no good, so they ordered me some new ones. the new ones worked for a while then dirt and sand gets in there after while and so i lube it and snap the teeth off. arctic cat needs a better tool to turn the shocks or a better designed shock adjustment. i just got mine back last week because of the shocks and other minor stuff. i remember them telling me when i bought it, 'You can adjust the shocks on the trails'. well i dont carry an atv lift every where i go. and if they tell me to lift it, then they need to design it better than what they have now. i dont like paying 6 grand plus $500.00 for a 4 yr. warrenty for something that dont work.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default unbelievable!!!!

Come on, its a flaw, but what about the reat of the machine? was it equally as bad?

Old 04-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default unbelievable!!!!

[{Hey Shonk, I have heard of them but do they help alot or do they take away any ground clearence or do they have any negative effects at all. I have to justfy all my add-ons to the wife because she can't (won't) understand why I need all this stuff on a brand new machine. ]}

Rooch

Sounds like we’re married to the same woman [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

· do they help a lot

IMO the biggest bang for the buck. Improves, sidehilling, front roll/pushing in a turn, hill climbing, improves rear end droop

· do they take away any ground clearence

Improves the ground clearance

· or do they have any negative effects at all.

Maybe in extreme rock climbing or mud but I’m not there. Also the instructions suck

· she can't (won't) understand why I need all this stuff on a brand new machine

Sell safety Also for years my lovely wanted a rock garden so now that the day are getting longer I take off to the foothills and bring back a few rocks should be done in a year or two.

Keep that stick on the ice and keep a eye on frame had my replaced.

Shonk

Old 04-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default unbelievable!!!!

Originally posted by: Theshonk
[{Hey Shonk, I have heard of them but do they help alot or do they take away any ground clearence or do they have any negative effects at all. I have to justfy all my add-ons to the wife because she can't (won't) understand why I need all this stuff on a brand new machine. ]}

Rooch

Sounds like we’re married to the same woman [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

· do they help a lot

IMO the biggest bang for the buck. Improves, sidehilling, front roll/pushing in a turn, hill climbing, improves rear end droop

· do they take away any ground clearence

Improves the ground clearance

· or do they have any negative effects at all.

Maybe in extreme rock climbing or mud but I’m not there. Also the instructions suck

· she can't (won't) understand why I need all this stuff on a brand new machine

Sell safety Also for years my lovely wanted a rock garden so now that the day are getting longer I take off to the foothills and bring back a few rocks should be done in a year or two.

Keep that stick on the ice and keep a eye on frame had my replaced.

Shonk
I must be very lucky. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My wife never whines about my buying stuff for my toys. Half the time, whatever I get for my 400 I end up buying for her 250 (just had to get her a rack bag, fender bag, grip/hand protector sleeve mittens and had to add a holster to the tank bags for her 357 Mag). Hell, the 250 has more mods than the 400 ever will, just so she can have an easier time riding. Seems the same deal applies to her gun collection. Half the guns I bring home, expecially if they are fancy or real pretty, she inspects them, then smile sweetly and says "Thank you, I really like my new gun.". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Range Rover
Default unbelievable!!!!

I had the same problem when i had my AC. The sweet wrench bent like it was plastic. If i were to buy another AC i'd just go and buy a nice adjust ment tool.

I had my suspension all the way up in the front and one notch from all the way in the rear and it was great. And i weight about 160.

But it depends i just didn't want mine to role in the corners and dive on the breaks.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default unbelievable!!!!

[/quote]I must be very lucky. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [/quote]

It's better to be lucky than good!

Shonk

Old 04-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Buy it now, explain it to the wife later!
Default unbelievable!!!!

Originally posted by: squeege
channel lock pliers ---made in my hometown
Arctic Cat suspension wrench----made in???could it be ching chang communist China
HAHAHA
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default unbelievable!!!!

I must be very lucky. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [/quote]

Shonk[/quote]

Hey!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Are you trying to say I'm not good?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default unbelievable!!!!

Originally posted by: Bear4570
I must be very lucky. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Shonk[/quote]

Hey!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Are you trying to say I'm not good?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

No way I'm too old to go to war! Good is Good Lucky is Better!

Shonk