Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Oil filter cross ref.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil filter cross ref.

Originally posted by: Catterman
I don't know bear, maybe you are right and all the test results on the Fram filters on the Internet are aberations, but I will stick to my Amsoil filter/oil and my 25,000 mile oil changes.
Hey Catterman. I just recieved my Amsoil filter, and oil. I was using AC synthetic. 25,000 mile oil change?????????????????? Were you exaggerating? I am excited to use the new filter and oil, but i will wait another 200 miles or so to get my money out of the other change! What oil do you use to extend your oil change? Or is it a different filter? I ordered the SMF103 filter.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

I don't know bear, maybe you are right and all the test results on the Fram filters on the Internet are aberations, but I will stick to my Amsoil filter/oil and my 25,000 mile oil changes.

Yes, Catterman they are all mythical aberations and should not be listened to because they are all in a conspiracy against Fram and all other poorly constructed filters. They can't possibly be true.

45/70, I really wish I could say you are right about this. I just can't believe you over all of the folks out there that have cut filters, and compared multiple manufacturers side by side and said that Fram is as you put it "baseline" (bottom line) according to the manufacturing techniques and materials used. Say what you will, but until you can provide evidence (CR tests) that the individuals that do extensive research and cutting tests are wrong, I am inclined to believe that you are full of BS. Really, you don't have to prove anything to me because in my mind your credibility is shot.

Nonetheless, you are entitled to believe what you want. My point has been made. I am done with this debate.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey madlt. Do you know were i can look at the twin air power kits?

Old 06-17-2006, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cattleman do you use this amsoil filter,on your ATVs and car and trucks? What brand oil do you use ! If it's same brand name as filter, do you change oil and filter at 25,000 miles on automobiles and your ATV's also ? And where can i get this brand amsoil/filter/oil ? And you say it's garranteed to replace your engine on automobile's, and will it garrantee your ATV's and tranny's with the wet sump's ? If so i would like to know where i can purchase these product's, if these product's work this well and are garranteed this would be great ! If you changed filter an oil at 3,000 miles on auto's you could probally get over a million miles on a well maintained automobile !! And also on an ATV if you changed the filter an oil at 500 miles like the ownwer's manual reccmend's , you should get at least 100,000 miles on the ATV's engine if you didn't use it for racing or hot roding it all the time ! I'm not into racing an take good care of my machine's ! If this is for real, i will change mine tomorrow , please post the place you get these filter's and this oil brand. I bought an 06' Arctic Cat 400 fis TRV 02 - 07 - 2006 i changed my filter and oil at 100 mile's using the dealer oem filter and castrol gtx 20w50 oil; my dealer told me this oil would be fine because she knew i used this brand on my 86' Honda TRX 350 4x4 Foreman and a 93' Suzuki 300 KQ . I sold the Honda And Suzuki to my brother and sister - in - law and they both still run and ride as good as they did when i got them ! I've got my AC financed and i still owe a little over 6,000.00 for the new quad , and this one will most likely be last one i'll ever own ! I would like to make this one last as long as i live............................williebee

Old 06-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Willibie, you can get the amsoil products at www.amsoil.com

Old 06-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

To clear things up, on my ATV I use the "Amsoil 0W-40 Fourstroke" that is wet clutch approved. It has a picture of an ATV and a snowmobile on it. This is good for about 500 - 1000 miles depending on how hard you are on the ATV. I don't really put that many miles on my ATV so I plan to go 500 ish.

The 25,000 mile oil changes is for your car. If you use the regular "Amsoil 5W-30 Synthetic" and the "Ea Filter", then you will get 25,000 miles out of it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You can also find Amsoil products at places like Fleet Farm, NAPA, Auto Value, etc. Just have to look around for it. The most expensive place to get it is from their website.

Good luck and I hope this helps. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

To clear things up, on my ATV I use the "Amsoil 0W-40 Fourstroke" that is wet clutch approved. It has a picture of an ATV and a snowmobile on it. This is good for about 500 - 1000 miles depending on how hard you are on the ATV. I don't really put that many miles on my ATV so I plan to go 500 ish.

The 25,000 mile oil changes is for your car. If you use the regular "Amsoil 5W-30 Synthetic" and the "Ea Filter", then you will get 25,000 miles out of it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You can also find Amsoil products at places like Fleet Farm, NAPA, Auto Value, etc. Just have to look around for it. The most expensive place to get it is from their website.

Good luck and I hope this helps. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Catterman, Question for you. I was always under the impression that even with dino oil that it isn't the oil that "wears our" but the additives. If this is actually the case , how do you get 25,000 miles out of synthetic when the additives usually crap out around 15,000 miles?

Old 06-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Bear4570

Catterman, Question for you. I was always under the impression that even with dino oil that it isn't the oil that "wears our" but the additives. If this is actually the case , how do you get 25,000 miles out of synthetic when the additives usually crap out around 15,000 miles?
That is my understanding too, that oil never wears out, but the additives do and the filters can get plugged. Amsoil uses a specail mix of their additives to ensure long life out of their oil. And for the 25,000 mile oil change you MUST use there filter as well. So far I have had good luck. You can also use another companies filter, but Amsoil suggests you then change the filter every 5,000 miles, but can re-use the Amsoil oil for the full 25,000. Amsoil also has a oil test where you can see what kind of shape your oil is in. I have never done this but it sounds interesting. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks Catterman. You learn something new everyday if you pay attention.