Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

quad lemon law

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quad lemon law

i have been posting from time to time about problems i have had since i bought my 06 cat 400 4x4 fis about 5 months ago. i have 500 miles on it and it spends more time at the dealer for repair. i dont abuse my quad but even if i did its supposed to be one of the baddest quads built. for every 2 rides it spends 3 weeks at the dealer i have had problems with my start in gear feature not working my tires coming off the beads while driving in a straight line so i had to buy new tires my digital dash reading out E whatever that means my belt light coming on for no reason and the biggest problem is my front axle seal leaking constantly they have replaced it atleast 7 or 8 times and also the clip that holds the axle in broke and also the front diff locking up on me with no reason while i was over 70 miles from anything .well the dealer finally got ac involved in this and they replaced my front axle and seal and clips and whatever else they said there was too much freeplay in the axle? so 2 rides later its leaking again and my winch froze up today (stupid venom winch) not that that has anything to do with ac but now that im done boring you all. is there any law that could help me get a new quad or something the dealer and ac have been great but enough is enough i bought a new quad so i would have to deal with being stranded and i just dont trust my cat yet. i mean 6k isnt short cash i know there are more expensive quads out there but i spent what i had there has got to be something to protect the buyer here anyways am i out of my mind or not thanks for listening to me wine

Old 06-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default quad lemon law

So since your dealer seems unable to satisfy you have you contacted Arctic Cat directly?

Arctic Cat Phone numbers and E-mail

1-218-681-4999 or 1-218-681-9799, one of the numbers only works once in a while. The other will work all the time but I forgot which is which. The email is: consumeraffairs@arcticcatinc.com . I would email them and tell them the whole story of your problems. They should handle it.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default quad lemon law

i havent personally contacted arctic cat the dealer has thats how i got the axle and stuff replaced. im not completely dis satisfied with my dealer they havent given me one bit of a hard time but its annoying that neither them or arctic cat can figure out whats going on

Old 06-17-2006, 03:51 AM
Trailblazer
Default quad lemon law

time for a raceway atv!

Old 06-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default quad lemon law

My dads friend bought an 05 400 and is unsatisfied also. Im a cat lover, so its hard for me to say bad things about them! Anyway, on his first ride up at the soo line trails, his 4x4 went out in the first mud hole, then on the way back to camp, it started to sputter and stall. (this may have been due to water). But he was exremely dissaponted with the 4x4 problem, even saying he wished he would have researched better and looked at 500s and 650s. I think a 400 is a great trail machine, and cant help but think you and my dads friend just got a poorly put together quad. Let us know what you do, and good luck

Old 06-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default quad lemon law

bro in law has an 04 400 4x4, and he has backed it seat deep into the water, let it idle while my wife took 5 yrs to bring the jetski in

he pulled it out, no problems at all

Theyre supposed to be snorkeled so you can submerge up to the seat/gas tank lvls. if he has water getting in, i would check that out.

unless of course he thought his atv was a submarine.

oh and word on the street is AC's have a Looong break in time

Old 06-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default quad lemon law

dont get me wrong i love my cat its an awesome quad i did a ton of research before i bought and i knew this is what i wanted but like you said v2 i just got a friday quad its disapointing but the quad goes through anything i just came back from riding in maine and the trails there are brutal but it handled it great i just hope this problem gets resolved