Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

H1 or V2?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H1 or V2?

Yes, how do you want it?

Low rpm stump pulling workhorse? = H1

Tire lifting wide power band that pulls hard clear to redline? (not to mention NUMEROUS bolt on performance parts)= V2

Old 07-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H1 or V2?

The H1 will top out around 58 or so. I have personally never had mine above 50. About a month ago I did drag a 2006 V2 that was 100% stock. We were both dead even the whole way. We only got up to about 45mph due to the "short runway". However the V2 would be faster with the mods on it like v2rider has. I can put my H1 in low range and wheelie all day long too.

The stock H1 is great for hunting and towing and such. I love how it already comes with the front and rear bumpers and nice wheels. So if you take those things into account, it is cheaper then even the Griz.

Currently there are a lot more performace parts out there for the V2, however the H1 is getting more and more. Right now my H1 is in at Speedwerx and they are testing a performance muffler and clutch kit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Arctic Cat no longer makes the V2 (starting in 2007) if that matters to you.

If you have any other questions just ask, I love my H1 and if I were to do it over again I would get the same thing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default H1 or V2?

Catterman, sweet- maybe you will get to keep something cool for letting them use it. =D

In your drag, I'm willing to wager that the dead even part was reaching its end VERY soon if you made it up to 45. I've ridden a friends H1 and shortly after that is where it trails off and my V2 keeps pulling.

I see you found the Granite City club, you going to the meeting tonight? I won't be there, I have a birthday party to go to. I am however thinking of going on the trail ride this weekend, you? Perhaps a truckpool is in order?

Old 07-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Got Milk!
Default H1 or V2?

Originally posted by: Chumley
Catterman, sweet- maybe you will get to keep something cool for letting them use it. =D

In your drag, I'm willing to wager that the dead even part was reaching its end VERY soon if you made it up to 45. I've ridden a friends H1 and shortly after that is where it trails off and my V2 keeps pulling.

I see you found the Granite City club, you going to the meeting tonight? I won't be there, I have a birthday party to go to. I am however thinking of going on the trail ride this weekend, you? Perhaps a truckpool is in order?
Yes, from my experience I am pretty sure it is around 50mph that the V2 goes by the H1.

I don't think I will be at the meeting tonight, I will try to make it next month... I really want to go on a ride too, however my H1 is still at Speedwerx! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And yes, they are letting me keep the products then test on it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Works out good as I can then tell others about the mods and they will get some good free adverising. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] A lot of people with H1's are waiting on this kind of stuff.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default H1 or V2?

No chance of getting your wheels back by Saturday?

Old 07-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default H1 or V2?

well all i ride is like technical rocky slow pace tough trails, deep mud, really rutted out muddy areas, steep hills, some open fields but not much, and snow in the winter prolly like a foot- two feet of snow at the most or on average, and pulling stuff around the house and my dad wants to use it for hunting and carrying the deer out and stand and stuff liek that so which one would be the best for this?? (im getting a Z400 or DVX or suttin like that in the end of august for liek speed and stuff like that)

Old 07-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default H1 or V2?

I'd prolly have to say the H1.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Got Milk!
Default H1 or V2?

Originally posted by: Chumley
No chance of getting your wheels back by Saturday?
Not really, even if they do finish I wouldn't be able to find the time to get down there and pick it up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Got Milk!
Default H1 or V2?

Originally posted by: FastestBlaster
well all i ride is like technical rocky slow pace tough trails, deep mud, really rutted out muddy areas, steep hills, some open fields but not much, and snow in the winter prolly like a foot- two feet of snow at the most or on average, and pulling stuff around the house and my dad wants to use it for hunting and carrying the deer out and stand and stuff liek that so which one would be the best for this?? (im getting a Z400 or DVX or suttin like that in the end of august for liek speed and stuff like that)
Get the H1 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default H1 or V2?

FYI

I just bought a new 06 H1 LE with two year warranty with 60” plow, mounting bracket and heated thumb / hand - all installed for $7,100 plus tax.

This is in MN just after they released the 07s. I worked two dealers and they were crying pretty bad…..

One nice thing about the 07 H1 is they covered the sides so they are not so hot on the legs – not having this on my 06 hasn’t been a problem for me yet and shouldn’t be as most use will be in fall / winter.

Good luck – go big or don’t go at all…..