Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Heads Up!! Arctic Cat's with warranty "BEWARE"

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heads Up!! Arctic Cat's with warranty "BEWARE"

I'm not saying big tires are bad, but any non- visual performance upgrade for any type of vehicle will technically void a warranty. Selling dealers are usually very good about standing behind things they sell, but you should definitely get a clutch kit because yes, you probably smoked your belt.

Low gear for everything but high speed driving on regular roads is indeed the rule to follow.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I HAVE A 650 TONY 2006 WITH 28 MUDZILLAS YOU HAVE TO RUN IN LOW GEAR IT WILL SAVE THE BELT ALSO RUN A DALTON CLUTCH KIT WHAT A DIFFERANCE THEY HAVE A NEW BOX OUT THAT ROCKS 220.00 CANADIAN NOT SURE OT THE BRAND ASK BRIAN 1-306-453-2928 WE RUN THE HP BELT ALSO DOES NOT SMOKE NEAR AS EASY

Old 09-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

That is depressing they are pulling that garbage. ACs are bloated in price anyway right now IMO. I could see if you went in there with gorilla axels and a 6" lift and full snorkels then maybe.

If I were you, I would go after this one saying they didnt have the belt adjusted and thats why it slipped and smoked. If your on a dry incline with 27s I would expect that single thumper should push it up anyhill, low or high. The only time my belt has ever slipped was when I sucked in water, then I put in the black secondary after that, she grips tight now.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

I broke an axle on my 05 650V@ with 27" mud lite and it was waranteed no problem. You should realize that the dealer you purchased it from installed the 27" tires NOT Arctic Cat, so always take it to the dealer you bought it from.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Pro Rider

I always go back to something my grandfather told me a long time ago.........."these companies pay engineers a LOT of money to design these vehicles, then guys go out and do all this trick stuff to them and seem to always end up having more problems then if they just left it as it was designed".....

I'm talking about the guy who spends a third of his day of riding tweaking his quad for this or that reason. Ultimately to each their own.......it's your money, spend it wisely.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

And I would agree with you.

But in this case there wasnt abuse, the dealer sold him the tires that the dealer installed, and the dealer didnt have the belt adjusted correctly so he smoked it.

I would make that dealer solve the problems. I dont think the drive shafts are damaged, but Im just a computer quarterback here, going off what he posted.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

Speaking of modding a perfectly good running quad.....how bout all the atermarket stuff in the AC magazine they send out...man they even sell aftermarket CDI's and everything! Wonder if that stuff affects the warrenty?

Old 09-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

And I would agree with you.

But in this case there wasnt abuse, the dealer sold him the tires that the dealer installed, and the dealer didnt have the belt adjusted correctly so he smoked it. >>>>>>

Good point, I'd say the dealer is ultimately responsible then IF they didn't give proper warning.

Honestly though? I have found more people on these forums with better knowledge then most dealers.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Thats because we are enthusiasts, dealers are business folk. They go to briefings and get 1 pagers on machines.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Greetings,
I work in the service dept of a dealership that sells Arctic Cat ATVs.

From what we were told by the instructor at the Arctic Cat school, if Arctic Cat doesn't sell it, it voids the warranty.
They have tires in their catalog and installing any of them will be fine. If you install any other tire, warranty is voided even if of the same size.
The same should apply to upgrades.

You don't have to buy the items from A/C, if they are the same make & model & size etc, its ok. If they sell 27" tires, only that model 27" will not void the warranty.

Also, we have a problem with what people think should be covered under warranty.
Warranty cover manufacturers defects.

We have a guy that is upset because his CV joints are bad due to a torn boot. It is not the manufacturers fault that the boot was torn on a root, rock, stump etc.

The two year warranty also confuses people.
A/C has a 6 month warranty. They do not cover wear items (brakes, spark plugs, tires, light bulbs) or plastic, seats etc.
They offer an extended service service contract through a 3rd party company (Cat Care Cornerstone) that covers mechanical problems for typically an addional 18 months.
There is a $50 deductible on covered repairs made after the 6 month A/C warranty period. Cat Care uses Arctic Cat's guidelines for coverage and payment to the dealer (flat rate times, etc).

Salesman don't always make the warranty clear to customers. The POP (point of purchase) signage can be "confusing". There were signs that claimed a "bumper to bumper" warranty. The fine print may have mentioned restrictions or clauses. I don't know.
Looking at the sign- bumper to bumper , to me, means everything is covered. This is not the case.

Another thing is accessories. If you puchase a plow with the ATV and it is included in the purchase agreement, it should carry the same warranty as the unit. If it is purchased seperately or later, it gets a shorter (90 day?) warranty.
Soft goods are usually not covered- bags and such.
A/C does not reimburse dealers for oil, grease and such shop supplies.

The moral of this story:
Get in writing what is covered and what is not. Have the salesman explain the warranty and show you it in print.
Don't let them tell you "It'll be covered, don't worry!"

Also, just because the unit is under 12 months old, not everything is repaired free.
We primarily sell boats. We have similar problems there.
I previously worked where Sea Doos were sold- same thing.

Warranty is against manufacturers defects,
Not that the hood got knocked off because you hit a wave. Or that the tires leak- but they're full of briar punctures.

My appologies for the long post. Just trying to give you guys some insight from the dealer's point of view.

Dan

Quick Reply: Heads Up!! Arctic Cat's with warranty "BEWARE"