Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Heads Up!! Arctic Cat's with warranty "BEWARE"

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads Up!! Arctic Cat's with warranty "BEWARE"

So are you saying that since i bought these tires, even though i stayed with 26" stock size, my warranty is void??????????????????

Old 09-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Target, some interesting insight. Appreciate your info.

I know in the automobile world lets say you put a new exhaust on a warrantied truck and the electric windows wont roll down anymore, its illegal to not honor warranty due to other modifications that have no bearing on the current problem.

So I put some 27s on a new cat, (and AC doesnt sell those tires), and now the head is cracked I dont think cat could legally deny the claim (as far as I know). But if you put 27s on it and twist an axle in half then they could say it came with 26s for a reason tough luck.

I was very interested in the 700efi, but after learning how the are playing the warranty game I have lost a LOT of my enthusiasm. Couple this with them being currently overpriced and being a newcomer in the efi world. ..

Old 10-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

My understanding is that as long as the same make/model is available in the Arctic Cat accessory catalog, it will not void your warranty.

If you have 26" tires of a different make/model than offered by A/C it does void the warranty.
If the unit is returned to stock condition or the dealer overlooks any modifications, warranty may still be valid.

Belts fall under the "wear item" clause.

Dan

Old 10-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Like stated, if my engine fails, AC cant possibly void it because of my tires, right??? That would be grounds for going postal!!

Old 10-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Id suggest putting stock tires on for dealer vistis and removing any modules if you have engine issues. Sucks you have to do that if your a reasonable person.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: v2rider
Like stated, if my engine fails, AC cant possibly void it because of my tires, right??? That would be grounds for going postal!!

Wrong, oversized tires (larger diameter) overstress the drivetrain, clutch and/or belt and ENGINE. That is why the oversize voids the warranty.

Old 10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have 26" after market tires though. They are stock size, just a different tire not sold by AC

Old 10-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: v2rider
I have 26" after market tires though. They are stock size, just a different tire not sold by AC
Does AC offer that brand of tire in their accessory catalog? I don't think there would be a problem, but per the warranty contract they could dump you if they want to. The dealer is the guy who makes or breaks your warranty. That's why I did a bunch of research on dealers in my state before I picked one. It has paid off big time for me. Discount on parts, fast arrivial of ordered parts and all problems solve quickly (they were all minor except for the clutch problem) and they are friendly and even try to remember my name.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm having warranty issues right now. Maybe yall can give me some suggestions. I bought my brand new 650 H1 on june 2 of this year, and i think that all together I have had it for maybe 3 weeks if your count all the days i have had it. the rest of the time it has been at the dealer gettin "fixed". So here is my long story...

so the day after i got it, i rode and i started to hear this god awful popping noise...
the cv axle boot was not crimped on the back. so they replaced the boot.
i get it home...the axle is making the noise still. they tell me to bring it back. When I do they tell me the axle has gone bad...so they replaced it.

i get it back for the next weekend and start to ride it...it starts smoking and the transmission starts whining and making screeching noises...i take it back
they say that the cylinddr had a groove in it from the factory and they had had another case just like it...so they replace the cylinder.

i get it back like 2 weeks later and guess what...i rode it at first and it was ok...shortly after though probably an hour of riding...it starts to smoke again...bad. so i took it back and they told me that i had sunk it mud and water and the warranty was going to be voided, if they proved it.
this fourwheeler has been in mud barely over the foot pegs...so im not sure whats going on...any suggestions? there is so much more that i havent told yall...for example...if your were a mechanic would you tell your client "you dont know why it makes that noise" just ride it out? I really believe the mechanic is an idiot!

Old 08-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find a new dealer, and fast.

Quick Reply: Heads Up!! Arctic Cat's with warranty "BEWARE"