Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

boy i did it this time

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boy i did it this time

thanks i will be sure to mention to him about the salvage stuff. as far as blowing out the water i did that right away for a good 10 minutes or so and i left the plug out after i got home just to make sure it dried up but i didnt drive it like that i know that much. i definately have to get the repair manual though i would rather the book so i can have it by my side while doing the work. ive always hated paying someone to do something i can do myself for a fraction of the price thats why i buy the books for my truck or whatever vehicle ive had just to make sure i cover everything and ive saved myself probably thousands. so ill do the same for the quad. as far as it being waranteed i wish they would ive considered getting a second opinion. i trust my dealer they have been great about all the problems ive had theyve even done cable adjustments and replaced a stick guard i broke at no cost and i didnt even ask them too so theve been great but he says that arctic cat has all defective parts shipped back to them to verify and supposedly stay on top of weak parts etc. but im going to talk to other dealers. thanks again everyone you guys have been a huge help

Old 09-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rango that sound's fishy to me, i bought a 2006 ac 400 auto feb. 7th 2006 and the first time i rode it up a creek where water came up to just below the headlight's . I didn't get stuck though like you said you did, but i asked my dealer how deep is to deep, dealer said air intake is locateed up high in the front fender's ! I told them about running in the creek to the headlight's , they told me if i thought it had water inside the clutch to remove the drain plug. And rev the engine 4 or 5 times and watch for water blowing out drain plug then replace plug before riding it again ! I did what they told me and no water was in mine, you could've gotten sand in your's riding it without the drain plug. I hate to hear about your trouble , i wish you had asked someone on the formums before taking it into the dealer ; they could've gave you the info on removing the cover so you would've known for sure about the damage..................good luck man.............williebee

Old 09-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i never drove it with the plug out i know thats a big no but i ordered the repair manual for the quad so im going to look into it myself im not fixing it until after my wedding in oct so i have some time i was told i was fine to ride it. and everyone was right about the machine waking up after a few hundred miles it did but after i got it back from the dealer with 800 mi on it it wheelies no problem and it wasnt doing that before