Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

arctic cat warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arctic cat warranty

Hello, ATV enthusiast I want to tell yall what arctic cat has done to my cousin that owns a 06 v2, Around 400 miles the v2 started making rattling noise from engine. So in march he took it to the arctic cat dealer in mena ark. So they serviced the atv couldnt find the problem so they said take the atv and ride it and when it breaks bring it back it has a three year warranty. My cousin took it home started to ride it and noise got louder so he called AC dealer told them he was not going to ride it like that and took it back, They took the motor apart and miked the cylerder and they where way off so they put new jugs on the atv and put it back together and still made same noise. They take it and ride it. My cousin he was not going to ride it making noise, Took it to a better dealer in poteau and they found the problem ,spun bearing, But arctic cat wont fix it, Now legal action has been implemented. The atv was not abused has been same places my sportsman been.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer

Was it the Cat factory or just the dealer that said it wasn't covered?
What reason was given for it not being covered?
A good dealer can get most things covered if they want to.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

The dealer in poteau ok. told AC that the atv was not abused. AC wont back there atv period. The AC dealer in fort smith ark. told me that AC had a lot of problems out of the v2 engine that's why AC don't put it in there atvs any more. My cousin likes his v2 but sense this deal he said will never buy another AC, and i don't blame him.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

My buddy has the same problem with his sp700. Ive never hadf a problem with my dealer. A dealer can get anything covered if he wants. AC isnt going to not cover just the V2, because they dont like it. That sounds like BS to me. Like i sadi, i havnt had a single problem with my dealer, or my quad.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Something smells fishy in Denmark. I think story has a life of its own.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Range Rover

another cat basher that dosent know that this engine is kaw and very low in problems.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you trvman i have a friend who own's a 05' sp500 and he think's it's the best in the world, funny thing is he has to adjust his belt every other time we ride . And it's been like that since he bought it new ! I don't argue with him about it, i haven't had to do anything but change oil and filter, clean and reoil air filter on my 06' ac 400 auto since i got it feb. 7th 2006 ! I know my ac has the suzuki engine and belt drive train, but i haven't had to do anything else to mine; but i don't bash any brand they all have good point's and bad ! And you can find lemon's in anything you buy, and good and bad dealer's ! I've owned one honda and one suzuki they were both good machine's ! But i own a cat now,and i love it, i don't race and don't want to pull wheelie's i like to keep all four wheel's on the gound at all time's that's why i bought one with fis !..................williebee

Old 09-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have a 2006 650V2, and it has about 1,000 miles on the same belt, with NO belt wear. I took the cover off to check it, and its still brand new! I just drive it in low, and its doing fine

Old 09-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

lol i could go on all day about all the people i know that have had problems with polaris, but you don't see me go into the polaris forum and say crap about them. my buddy just told me today he is going on a poker run up in canada this weekend if engineering at polaris can get his ranger running cause it won't hardly run at all and he can't take it to a dealer cause their awesome 6 month warranty just expired. i am not saying that it isn't possible to spin a bearing i believe it but save me this crap of coming into another site and bashing. go back to the polaris forum where you belong. oh and you can call bull on my story i don't really care but i do live about 15 miles away from where they make them, oh when they come out get a new polaris with their new magnum wheels top quality coming straight from china [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]