Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

My V2 650 has carb problems??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My V2 650 has carb problems??

Your comments reflect exactly why it's important to find a good dealer. One you trust. It just isn't worth having a dealer across the street if you are not happy with the service. It should always be a consideration when buying anything, not just an ATV, particularly if you are on the fence about which quad to purchase. I know you have a considerable relief at this problem being solved.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldmancrash
A little update. I finally got upset as the V2 just would not start in the cold. If taken to a heated garage and left for several hours after cranking on the starter for a while it might fire. And at the moment I only have a large shed that holds our toys so no heat there. I took it (and my wife?s TRV as it needed warranty repairs) to a AC shop 60 miles down the road in the little town of Phillipsburg Montana called Granite sportland(www.granitesportland.com). Population 10 and which I think 6 of them work there. I have had a couple of dealings with these guys over the phone after several bad dealings with my local shop and I will tell you, they are all about CUSTOMER SERVICE and CUSTOMER CARE. I have ordered a couple of parts over the phone at different times and if they don?t have them they get them QUICKLY (even from AC) and they turn around ship right away. After 2 days of my machine being there I called to find out the issue was the new plugs I put in were fuel soaked (as I figured they would be) and apparently the valves were way out of adjustment and I had no idea they should have been adjusted. Also the floats were way out of adjustment (could have been me when I had the carbs apart but I thought I was careful not to move them). But they are now telling me that my baby starts right up even when cold. And they found several issues with my wifes TRV even more then I told them about. Now that is taking care of their customers. The way I figure it they just saved me from having to come back for a unneeded trip. So I am going Friday or Saturday to pick them up and then off for a long overdue ride.
On your carb floats being out of adjustment. Do you run the carbs dry before you transport your machine? If you do, the floats bouncing around can change the settings. Also when you start your machine, are you setting the choke and the cranking the engine while cracking the throttle open? If you do this will make the choke not work right, causes hard starting. Remember, they are keeping your machine inside a heated building, not the same as you are doing. Oh yeah, I agree with you on dealers. A "customer service" dealer is better than a cheap price.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

Bear4570. Well lets say I had a little schooling on the phone on how to properly start the machine. And to say the least I was not doing it correctly at all. They told me that they have put my machine outside and left it out all cold day and at night when closing the shop it fires right up and they run it inside. I was even told by them all I have to do is set the choke and hit the starter and she will fire. I am very excited about this as I have said before, it has been hard starting from the day I bought it. I will gladly pay or drive a little more knowing my business is appreciated. And these guys fit the ticket.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

If your valves were out of adjustment it would definitely be hard to start wether cold or hot. Add to that your carb issues and I can see your frustration.

Add to that the fact that you have 2 carbs on the V2 and I see why your blood pressure would go up.

Use seafoam or some other fuel additive in the fuel tank as well. I fint it keeps water and junk from building up in and damaging the carbs.

SJ

Old 11-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldmancrash
Bear4570. Well lets say I had a little schooling on the phone on how to properly start the machine. And to say the least I was not doing it correctly at all. They told me that they have put my machine outside and left it out all cold day and at night when closing the shop it fires right up and they run it inside. I was even told by them all I have to do is set the choke and hit the starter and she will fire. I am very excited about this as I have said before, it has been hard starting from the day I bought it. I will gladly pay or drive a little more knowing my business is appreciated. And these guys fit the ticket.

The dealer I use is 60 miles as opposed to the 30 miles for the nearest dealer, who will never get me thru their doors again. Besides that the guys I use are the highest volume Cat dealer (they only sell Cats) in my state and saved me over $1000 when I bought new, no shipping or set up charges either. Everytime there has been service needed, warranty or otherwise, it was fast, work done right and they were friendly about it. Parts, well it seem if they order once a day that there is second day shipping from AC and they give a 10% discount too. A good dealer is everything.