Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Oil

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil

I have hear over an over in this forum to use amsoil. However, I use Mobil 1 sythetic in my KFX 400. People have commented that Mobil one will hurt my machine...is that true??

Old 11-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Oil

I dont think Mobile 1 will hurt anybodys engine. But im very sure Amsoil is the best oil you can get. They back the oil products up pretty well with ALOT of tests against ALOT of oils. Mobile 1 always seems to fall on average in 2nd place to amsoil, so i know its not a bad choice. If Amsoil wasnt around, Mobile 1 would be my next choice

Old 11-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Range Rover
Default Oil

-
While the finer filtering of the nanofiber filter means more particles trapped, there should be sufficient capacity for more time/mileage than you would put on the oil & filter between changes. Note that the oil won't wear out, it just gets contaminents in it. If you have any other filter, you are letting some of the dirt particles through to go back into your motor. If you have your oil analysed and there aren't excessive metal traces or other contaminents in it, you can use it forever. But it's usually easier to just change 2 quarts & filter.

My '01 Ford diesel uses the nanofiber filters (one filters very fine) and I never change the oil (which is 15 quarts at a time). However, I have the oil analysed and add new oil when changing filters, plus add a quart periodically.

There is info on the web site I highlighted above. You may have to click on "Motorcycles..." Note that all Amsoil lubricants are synthetic.

GJRonK