Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New 650 V2

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 650 V2

"Excluding the perfomance Mods my machine completely the way it sits cost me $7,000."

"Excluding performance mods" is key phrase there.

The way it rolled out of the dealer is how it costs $7000, which includes all the tire and appearance change. the Performance mods as stated costs, $300.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Range Rover
Default New 650 V2

Originally posted by: k9mike
I'm brand new to the forum. Will be giving up my custom Roadstar Warrior to join the "off road" world. (can't afford both) Was happy to find this forum. I've spent a lot of hours on the rswarrior.com forum (and it's cost me a lot of monsy too). Chose the Arctic Cat 650 V2. I've got about 100 miles on it so far and am very pleased, however just like the Warrior which I have over $18,000.00 invested in, I'm always looking to get a little more out of it. Was wondering what some of the most common mods for the V2 are. What gives the most bang for the buck? Also where to get the best deals on performance parts such as K&N Filter, plugs, wires, ect. Thanks and I look forward to being a part of your forum.
RSWarrior guy? I was too, had a 05, those guys are crazy about changing up those bikes, I sold mine and went back to Harleys, also had polaris atvs and sold them and now am into arctic cats, have a 400 and getting a Tony Stewart 650 V2 this weekend. Been doing alot of research and the best mod Ive found is the swaybar. Hit that link above to arctic chat and read about it in the tech section. The 06 has lower geared diffs than the 04 /05 models so all the belt burning stuff you read is not a real issue with the 06 unless you go crazy on big tires. good luck

Old 12-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 650 V2

Originally posted by: oledad
Been doing alot of research and the best mod Ive found is the swaybar.
Swaybar is fine if you are willing to give up some suspension travel. I'd rather have a bit of roll and keep the full travel.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default New 650 V2

Originally posted by: Chumley
Swaybar is fine if you are willing to give up some suspension travel. I'd rather have a bit of roll and keep the full travel.
This is an understatement the sway bar will greatly improve suspension performance. In addition the sway bar does not reduce suspension travel.

Shonk

Old 12-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default New 650 V2

I have no personal experience with the swaybar, although people that have them feel that they really flatten things out in the corners. But as far as suspension travel, Arctic Cat's own accessory catalog states that the swaybar "minimizes the full range of suspension travel possible", (for whatever that's worth).

Old 12-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default New 650 V2

Originally posted by: gtdoctor
I have no personal experience with the swaybar, although people that have them feel that they really flatten things out in the corners. But as far as suspension travel, Arctic Cat's own accessory catalog states that the swaybar "minimizes the full range of suspension travel possible", (for whatever that's worth).
The sway bar does not limit the mechanical range of movement. Although the movement has more resistance.

Shonk

Old 12-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New 650 V2

Actually, im pretty sure the swaybar decreases the amount of travel you will have

Old 12-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New 650 V2

Originally posted by: MUDSPY
first off i would spend 85 can for the dalton clutch kit which helped awsom with my 28 muddzillas i bought A AFTER MARKET BELT WHICH WAS 55 CANADIAN OUT OF THE US IT OUT PERFORMS THE CAT BELT AND DOES NOT SMOKE THE BELT AS MUCH I ALSO RUN THE DYNATEC BOX WHICH IS A HUGE IMPROVMENT OVER THE STOCK BOX
Let me get this right, you put 3" oversized tires on the machine and it's the belts fault for getting smoke? This is like trying to drag race in Overdrive and blaming the clutch for burning up. I guess I just don't understand some peoples think process.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 650 V2

Originally posted by: Bear4570
Originally posted by: MUDSPY
first off i would spend 85 can for the dalton clutch kit which helped awsom with my 28 muddzillas i bought A AFTER MARKET BELT WHICH WAS 55 CANADIAN OUT OF THE US IT OUT PERFORMS THE CAT BELT AND DOES NOT SMOKE THE BELT AS MUCH I ALSO RUN THE DYNATEC BOX WHICH IS A HUGE IMPROVMENT OVER THE STOCK BOX
Let me get this right, you put 3" oversized tires on the machine and it's the belts fault for getting smoke? This is like trying to drag race in Overdrive and blaming the clutch for burning up. I guess I just don't understand some peoples think process.
I was thinking more along the lines of giving credit to the aftermarket belt instead of to the clutch kit.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New 650 V2

Originally posted by: Theshonk
Originally posted by: Chumley
This is an understatement the sway bar will greatly improve suspension performance. In addition the sway bar does not reduce suspension travel.

Shonk
Strange you should say that, because Arctic Cat say the anti-sway bar limits suspension travel. In fact I have never ever seen an anti-sway bar that didn't limit travel, if one wheel is up and the other is down, mainly because that's how they limit body roll. If both drop no, but that condition is on hard stop and go only.