Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

let's be honest!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default let's be honest!

i look at all the diffrent threads and what i find is that we as cat owners do alot of $itching when somthing breaks or go's wrong so what i want to do is try to get people to own up to there abuse and quit blaming cat, if you get bigger tires or jump 15 feet or swamp your bike why are you pushing the blame on cat. mabey if all the fragalent claims were done away with cat would have a better standing in the atv world and could lower there prices to compete with some of the others? not bashing anyone on the board but let's be honest.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default let's be honest!

I can't say I see a lot of baseless whining on here. When I glance at the threads I see a lot of misc questions regarding "how do I"'s, "what's wrong with it"'s, and "have you ever"?'s.

I think the Cat section is one of the more calm sections of this forum. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default let's be honest!

Originally posted by: trvman
i look at all the diffrent threads and what i find is that we as cat owners do alot of $itching when somthing breaks or go's wrong so what i want to do is try to get people to own up to there abuse and quit blaming cat, if you get bigger tires or jump 15 feet or swamp your bike why are you pushing the blame on cat. mabey if all the fragalent claims were done away with cat would have a better standing in the atv world and could lower there prices to compete with some of the others? not bashing anyone on the board but let's be honest.

I agree with you, Usually the abuser feels he no tougher on the equipment than others and refuse to believe that his standard of abuse is not normal.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default let's be honest!

Originally posted by: Bear4570
Originally posted by: trvman

I agree with you, Usually the abuser feels he no tougher on the equipment than others and refuse to believe that his standard of abuse is not normal.

I agree with you as well but this is not only with cat but with any product. It seems that is it breaks the frist thing that is said is "I didn't do it" . I guess there is the misconception that it should last forever no matter what. Well take care of it and it will.

I won't say that I have not done the same a time or two so yes I am guilty of this as well. I guess with that said I seem to be the frist to pony up ... Anyone else ... ?

Old 02-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Range Rover
Default let's be honest!

I don't know if you all have seen the AC commercial on the ATV magazine CH Versus, The AC add shows a AC quad going off a cliff and the stunt rider landing on the air bag. The quad they show HITTING the ground very hard and rolling, When it stops the director yells cut and says lets do it again. Then they roll the AC back onto it's tires and start it up and ride it off with no visual damage.
IS THIS TRUE? Can any quad go off a cliff and not be mangled and bent to hell? I would like to see that for myself personally before I buy that.
I have seen many quads roll over and even a very slow roll over causes a few bucks damage.
So anyone else seen this tv commercial? Is this true that Arctic Cat now makes this tough of a quad now?
I would be interested in a few of them if this is the case, because eveytime we go out riding, you can count that one of the kids or adults borrowing someone elses quad will bend, break or roll something and when the do it cost $$$$$
Maybe they should start buying thier own *^%#@#$%^

Old 02-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default let's be honest!

Originally posted by: kvfcal
I don't know if you all have seen the AC commercial on the ATV magazine CH Versus, The AC add shows a AC quad going off a cliff and the stunt rider landing on the air bag. The quad they show HITTING the ground very hard and rolling, When it stops the director yells cut and says lets do it again. Then they roll the AC back onto it's tires and start it up and ride it off with no visual damage.
IS THIS TRUE? Can any quad go off a cliff and not be mangled and bent to hell? I would like to see that for myself personally before I buy that.
I have seen many quads roll over and even a very slow roll over causes a few bucks damage.
So anyone else seen this tv commercial? Is this true that Arctic Cat now makes this tough of a quad now?
I would be interested in a few of them if this is the case, because eveytime we go out riding, you can count that one of the kids or adults borrowing someone elses quad will bend, break or roll something and when the do it cost $$$$$
Maybe they should start buying thier own *^%#@#$%^
So now we are expected to believe commercials? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You probably believe campaign promises or the news media.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] It's a commercial, they lie or if you prefer exaggerate. These quads aren't even close to being indestructible. If your roll it over, flip it back wards, run into a tree or rock; you are going to bend and break things. It's called physics and it is like gravity, it always works, you can't fool it or cheat. I know because even at my advanced age, I still have done hundreds of dollars damage on a slow roll over (the saftey device is between your ears, if it looks dangerous it probably is). The rims on my wheels are bent to help, because physics works. I can count on not having anybody bend my quads because I'm not stupid enough to loan them to unqualified riders. If they get bent, the wife and I will have done it or maybe (in my case) has done it.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Range Rover
Default let's be honest!

I guess some might think, well its just a commercial, but if the company puts this type of ad out for us all to view and there were a few different ones, I saw the one about the AC being used as a wrecking ball to knock down a brick wall. Then why could you not argue that if something breaks in a much less violent way it should be covered under warranty? I remember years ago when VOLVO got sued over ads that showed their cars being built strong enough to stand up to being ran over by a monster truck. They didn't let the fact out that they had installed a full roll bar system in that car to withstand the impact and they lost the lawsuit filed by people whose Volvos crumpled in much less severe wrecks.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default let's be honest!

Years ago isn't now. We have had a President lie under oath and walk away scott free, thanks to the liberals who don't care about truth or right or wrong, just power. Drug companies advertize perscription drugs on TV without the same problems drug pushers on the street have. So now there is no truth in anything anymore. Welcome to the 21st Century. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default let's be honest!

So now we are expected to believe commercials? You probably believe campaign promises or the news media
hehehehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I treat my bike like one of my family --- with the upmost respect [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default let's be honest!

Originally posted by: catdude
So now we are expected to believe commercials? You probably believe campaign promises or the news media
hehehehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I treat my bike like one of my family --- with the upmost respect [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I tried that and and the wife and kids got jealous...LOL I treat me well none the less.

Quick Reply: let's be honest!