Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Back again considering DVX 400

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back again considering DVX 400

Originally posted by: DVXWOMAN
I just bought a '07 DVX 400 Green/Black. This bike is AWESOME! I like it better than the Z's because of the plastic. The seat is a little hard at first but, you get used to it. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and have only ridden it twice and from that I LOVE IT!
I live in KY and I got mine out the door for $5,800. They are the same price as the Z's. Both are 5899.00 MSRP

Hope this helps...
Welcome to atvconnection!

That's awesome... pat yourself on the back three times...
Once for riding quads...
Once for riding a quad with a shifter...
And once for riding a quad with a manual clutch...

I think that's cool.

I too like the plastic on the DVX a little better.
Particularly the headlight area...

I 'think' I like the one with the green fenders best.
I'll have to see more of them that what's on articcat.com to be sure though.

Which green one did you get? Green fenders or black fenders?

Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer

I have an 04 DVX Green/Black. There isn't a black fender option that i know of for that last question about fender color. I love my DVX and has low maintaince, like a car change the oil and filter regularly and clean the air filter once in a while. I can't even tell you the hrs on mine without a valve check. The chain i've adjusted twice i believe. The only problem is when it comes to cosmetics. The tabs to keep the fenders from vibrating break very easily. We fixed it with a big phillips bolt and washer with locking nut under the fender. It looks sharp and works very well. When i installed the jet kit i didn't need to completely remove the plastic, just undo and turn (depends on mechanic skill). It looks nice too but i had one bad wreck and spent $250+ dollars in cosmetic so it looked new to replace the center black plastic head light and the accent pieces. SO if you wreck expect to spend a good chunk of change to replace it all. I rarely wreck and this has kept me on my toes more because my wallet was hurt vs. me. Overall a good quad stock and good buy. I can't imagine what the newer ones are like with their ressie shocks stouter clutch and new engine mods. This is my experience with the quad and it only gets better as i tune it more =D you won't be dissapointed

Old 04-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of hard is the seat? is it hard/firm like a dirtbike seat? or do you sink through and hit the plastic right away?

Old 04-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just picked up a 2004 last week. So far so good. Tons of power, I think with some experience on gearing it could really move. I took a look at a new 2007 - virtually the same.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Trailblazer

The seat is a dirtbike hard seat...there is foam and it's noticeable but long rides and you'll notice it

Old 04-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

I was at the Honda dealer today and they had a used Z400.

MAN! I forgot how nice that seat felt. What a real plus for the Suzuki.

On a side note, it was sitting next to a new Honda 450R and it looked to have the same seat height.
But man... did the Z400 ever feel tall to me.

Coming off a YFZ450, maybe everything is going to feel that way to me now.
I dunno.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Interesting, definitly something I overlooked when purchasing mine, I don't know how many all day trips we'll do mostly 20-30 mile loops and I assume the gas tank will have allot to do with that, unlike snowmobiling where we ride all day and night with lots of sled-friendly towns to gas up, although I've heard of some long rides with plenty of gas-up options in northern Wisconsin...

Anyone know of any aftermarket mods to upgrade the seat on these?

Old 04-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Just take the seat to an upholstrey shop and tell them where you want more padding.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

ya i've broke every one of the plastic tabs on the fenders that hold them to the frame. they are plastics and snap off soooo easily.. to fix it i took some JB weld and a loaded it on there then slipped a washer over the tab to some extra support, one has broken off since ive fixed it, but the rest are still holding on.

I'm just used to riding my trike and the outlander and they both have SUPER SOFT seats, then i jump on the dvx and instant discomfort.

I might look into getting a thicker piece of foam, sure would be nice for the long rides.

nice turn out in this thread though, i didnt even know there was that many dvx owners on this site!

Old 04-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah mine is a custom seat soon after i first got it....It's better then it was...wish i woulda had them match the green (had green on the seat part and black on the sides woulda been BA) Anyhow...you JBwelded 'em? I'm not picturing how it was done...i'll take pics o' mine and show ya what i did looks really sharp....i'm from KS but my quad has to look top notch =D And yes there are many DVX owners 'round here

Quick Reply: Back again considering DVX 400