Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat TRV.. Should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arctic Cat TRV.. Should I buy?

Hello all

I need your help... I need a 2up quad so my wife and I can ride. My local dealer is looking to sell off all his Arctic Cat ATV's and is offering a new H1 650 TRV for $6500. I know the MSRP is around $8000, but should I hold off to find a used quad? or just buy it? Will I be happy with the TRV or just buy a 1up and ride 2? Thoughts?

Thanks
Rob H

Old 04-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like a great deal to me on a great machine. definately better than a two on one quad if rideing double.I would get down there and buy it fast for that price before some one else buys it .

Old 04-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wouldnt pass it up, that sounds like a heck of a deal

Old 04-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Guys, Just signed the paperwork this evening and I'm picking it up tomorrow night.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Corvetterob84
Hello all

I need your help... I need a 2up quad so my wife and I can ride. My local dealer is looking to sell off all his Arctic Cat ATV's and is offering a new H1 650 TRV for $6500. I know the MSRP is around $8000, but should I hold off to find a used quad? or just buy it? Will I be happy with the TRV or just buy a 1up and ride 2? Thoughts?

Thanks
Rob H
You will love it. I ride with a guy that has one. The extra length doesn't seem to affect him in the rough too much. And the longer wheel base will give you really good comfortable ride. Actually in certain situations the longer wheel base has helped him.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

Hello all

Thanks
Rob H
Ive got a good AC for sale in the swap meet section that will save you alot of money

Old 04-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by buckaroo50: You will love it. I ride with a guy that has one. The extra length doesn't seem to affect him in the rough too much. And the longer wheel base will give you really good comfortable ride. Actually in certain situations the longer wheel base has helped him.

I agree; my sister has one and it really rides nice. Much better ride than my 500. The longer wheel base and extra weight helps when pushing over brush and small trees, too. When I get another quad, it will be a two-up. The only negatives are turning around in the woods, and getting it stuck!!!!
Buckaroo - where did you get the fender extentions? Very nice.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"The central organizing principle of governments everywhere must be the environment." Algore, New York, 1992 Democratic Convention

Old 04-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I took the new TRV out this evening with my wife and put about 12 miles on it. It really rides nice and has plenty of power. Can't wait to take it out for a full day.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DeeDawg
Originally posted by buckaroo50: You will love it. I ride with a guy that has one. The extra length doesn't seem to affect him in the rough too much. And the longer wheel base will give you really good comfortable ride. Actually in certain situations the longer wheel base has helped him.

I agree; my sister has one and it really rides nice. Much better ride than my 500. The longer wheel base and extra weight helps when pushing over brush and small trees, too. When I get another quad, it will be a two-up. The only negatives are turning around in the woods, and getting it stuck!!!!
Buckaroo - where did you get the fender extentions? Very nice.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"The central organizing principle of governments everywhere must be the environment." Algore, New York, 1992 Democratic Convention
Got the fender extensions from the AC dealer, Accesory catalog. I think about $25 per set. You can get the inner plastic fender from a pickup (from a junk yard) and make them. My mudflaps are made from car floormats $4.77 for a set of 4 from Walmart (the really flimsy ones). The two floormats for the back are the back mudflaps and I took one front floormat and cut it in half lengthways and put them on the front. None of the pictures show the front ones too good but they are awsome. I stay bone dry.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

I took the new TRV out this evening with my wife and put about 12 miles on it. It really rides nice and has plenty of power. Can't wait to take it out for a full day.
Glad to hear that you like it. I am sure in the future you will like it even more. I would not mind having one myself but a person got make do with what fits the pocketbook. I don't do much 2-up anymore since the 'housekeeper' decided to play house someplace else.