Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Grizzly to Cat Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2000, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh008:
I have to agree with you on the inconvenience of the twist style rotary switch that Warn uses. Mine is mounted on the right side, as usually I'm off the machine, working the throttle and winch at the same time. I kind of requested it be put there, as when I'm winching out full sized rigs, or huge logs, I like to be off the machine, and able to see what is going on both with the winch, and with the rigging and object in tow.

For my applications, this just wouldn't work on the left side, and I don't have the pistol mount such as on the 2500, which would be a little better. The handle bar mount would probably be the most efficient way for a plow, but I don't know that that particular style will work with the warn.

As for the spooling, with the warn mount, it is a solid plate that replaces that mesh grill, with two large D rings on each side for hooking to. It is not the clearest view, but I am able to see my cable between the bumper and the upper smaller mesh grill guard. You kind of have to be right in front of it, or leaning in the right direction to see it, but you can if in the right position. You can also look down directly above the front rack, between the rack itself and the front of the hood/fender thing.

Anyway, best of luck with the Grizz/Cat project, hope everything works out for the best in the end.

Mike

Old 12-30-2000, 04:26 AM
Trailblazer

uh008

i am hunting the late muzzleloader season!we are getting so much snow it is getting difficult to walk in the timber much less trying to drag out a deer!i'm not sure i can get around with the artic cat it's so deep.
i took my solenoid off and warmed it up,put back on and it has worked for two days now,must of had mosture in it.when you have a winch it makes you mighty brave!

Old 12-30-2000, 04:26 AM
Trailblazer

uh008

i am hunting the late muzzleloader season!we are getting so much snow it is getting difficult to walk in the timber much less trying to drag out a deer!i'm not sure i can get around with the artic cat it's so deep.
i took my solenoid off and warmed it up,put back on and it has worked for two days now,must of had mosture in it.when you have a winch it makes you mighty brave! smoked rabbit is really good!