Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Where are AC's manufactured?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are AC's manufactured?

I have been considering either an AC or CanAM. I stopped by the AC Dealer today and happened to see one of the crates for a 250 and on it was stated "Made in Taiwan". Is this true? Are all AC built in Taiwan? If so, I am moving on to CanAm. Somebody clue me in.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Trailblazer

Hey man! Welcome to the Cat forum! I'll tell you what I know. I don't believe, though I don't know for sure, that they are made over seas. I do know one thing though, these quads are top-notch. By far the best quad for the money. I recently bought a leftover 06 400 and I am absolutley in love with the machine! Has plenty of giddy-up, ground clearance, suspension travel, and other things. I know the Can-Am machines are also quality machines, but you pay out the a** for that quality as well! I would highly recommend the AC! While I've not been in the Can-Am part of the forum, I do know that there are plenty of awesome guys in here (Buckaroo, V2Rider) that are willing to help with any questions you may have as well! Don't know if this helps at all, just my $.02!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

Go to this link and check out Geography, it may answer your question.

Not sure if a 250 is considered a youth model but if the box said Taiwan then it probably was made there.

Polaris and Arctic Cat's main ATV testing and assembly facilities are located about 70 miles from each other in Minnesota.
Nearly every youth ATV sold in the US is made in Taiwan or China regardless of brand name.
Can-Am ATVs will all be assembled in Mexico and Taiwan rather than Canada by the end of 2008.

http://www.atvnation.com/modul...rticle.php?storyid=265

Old 07-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The engines built in Taiwan or cmpletely different than the one's made in China , the one's built in Taiwan are night a day apart when it come's to quality cotrol ; they have been building engine;s longer than china , even honda is using engine's built in Taiwan on most of their youth of model's ! Taiwan has been building all type;s of engine'a for a lot longer than China , htere's even a Toyota plant in taiwan building car's for Toyota and a few more Japanese machine's ! I wouldn't even knock China for very long as they will keep improving their quality control if they want to stay in business ; it may take up to another 5 or 10 year's to be as good as the Japanese and other import's before they get there ; but it will happen and when it does you will see the price's go up as high as the big four get's now ! And to the consumer they at first will reap big saving for a while anyway , but this so will happen ; it will just take some time a kinda of wait and see game ! ............................williebee

Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

The Arctic Cat's are made in Minnesota, either St. Cloud or Theif River Falls. The main plant is in TRF, but the new engine facility is in St. Cloud. About 1/2 of their engines are Arctic Cat made, the rest are made by Suzuki over in Japan, then shipped up here and assembled in the AC quads. The 250 is made by Kymco (sp?) so that one isn't really an Arctic Cat, other then AC gave them the specs they wanted the 250 to meet. Hope that helps. Also, Suzuki owns about 40% of AC.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Also, if you decide to go to Can-am, their 250 is a Taiwan import as well. It is a SYM re-badged as Can-am. Don't be fooled by the website, it is not a Rotax motor.

Between the two, Kymco has more aftermarket parts.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Got Milk!

Listen to Scoot, when it comes to sport ATV's, and dolls, he knows what he is talking about [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Catterman:

Listen to Scoot, when it comes to sport ATV's, and dolls, he knows what he is talking about

Would that be the blow-up kind?!!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Got Milk!

You bet it is! He also buys dolls on ebay! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Hey, those were action figures!!!!

Quick Reply: Where are AC's manufactured?