Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC 90 governor

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC 90 governor

Does anyone know how to remove the 15 mph governor from the artic cat 90? The throttle screw only releases the throttle, but the machine will still only go 15 mph.

Thanks

Old 07-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default AC 90 governor

I don't know and if I did I would not tell you.
The governor is put there for safety reasons for kids. How fast do you want the kid to go or should I say how un-safe do you want him/her to be.
I hope this helps.
Be responsible and drive safely

Old 07-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AC 90 governor

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: buckaroo50

I don't know and if I did I would not tell you.

The governor is put there for safety reasons for kids. How fast do you want the kid to go or should I say how un-safe do you want him/her to be.

I hope this helps.

Be responsible and drive safely</end quote></div>

If you don't know and wouldn't tell if you did, why even post in here? Here in MN a 15 yr old is restricted to a 90cc, you think a 15 yr old can handle a car (farm license here at age 15) but not over 15mph on a quad?

Get real. If you don't want to help, then don't come in and belittle people either.

There should be a stopper in the carb that you can remove. Take it apart and you should be able to find it.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default AC 90 governor

Chumley,
If you don't like what I post then don't read it.
Don't go around trying to tell me what I can and can't post, I'll post what I want - thank you very much.
How do you know he is 15 and lives in MN. I posted it as a reminder that it was there for a safety reason.
How are you going to feel if he does what you just posted and some little kid goes out and gets hurt as a result.
Why don't you get real, if you want to hurt yourself that is fine, why are you helping others to possibly get hurt.
Why don't you get off your high horse and take a hike.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default AC 90 governor

He asked a simple question, instead of helping him you bitch at him about safety and tell him that if you knew the answer you wouldn't tell him anyway. That is being a *****.

I don't know who he is, how old he is, or where he is from. I merely made an example that there are circumstances that don't meet your little picture of how things are or should be. I am definitely not the one on the high horse in this forum, I am not the one saying "neener neener, I'm not going to answer your question because I think anything over 15mph isn't safe."

I'm quite positive that I have never told you to "take a hike" or anything of the sort. You have repeatedly told me that I should leave. I have said to you numerous times that you should quit being an *** and bite your tongue (proverbial, obviously) when you have nothing nice to say. You are capable of being helpful (suspension thread) so why do you turn around and pull this crap?

Old 07-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default AC 90 governor

I don't think I need to seek your approval about what I post, who do you think you are anyway?

And I don't think you are one to determine if my post help or not. You mostly just go around and criticize what others post, like you know it all.

If you don't know how old he is then you should not be helping him get hurt. Why don't you go post how to load and shoot a gun, maybe some 5 year old may read it. I am sure you would not assume any responsibility for that either.

Who are you to tell me to stay out of here. I don't think you are in any position to say who can come on here and who can't.

I guess you slogan says it all about you - 'Wide open until you see God.. then brake'

The only thing that comes out of your mouth is probably what you got stuck in it - so keep your name calling reserved for your relatives or for your own personal nickname.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default AC 90 governor

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: buckaroo50

I don't think I need to seek your approval about what I post, who do you think you are anyway?</end quote></div>

I'm the guy that is sick of you telling everyone what they should or should not do.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>And I don't think you are one to determine if my post help or not. You mostly just go around and criticize what others post, like you know it all.</end quote></div>

Not even close. There are two people on this board I have criticized: you, and bear; both for acting like arrogant, self righteous bastards. Please note, I didn't call you a name there, I was merely stating what you were acting like.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>If you don't know how old he is then you should not be helping him get hurt. Why don't you go post how to load and shoot a gun, maybe some 5 year old may read it. I am sure you would not assume any responsibility for that either.</end quote></div>

"Helping him get hurt"...oh please. Aren't there some endangered kittens somewhere that desperately need saving? I'm gonna help him with his question. What he does after that with his 90cc death machine is not my concern, nor is it my fault.

What kind of gun shall I write up? You're damn right I wouldn't take responsibility, You are a complete crackpot. People are responsible for their own actions, no one else. If someone wants to take their life into their own hands by going 25mph (oh please) then that's their problem.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Who are you to tell me to stay out of here. I don't think you are in any position to say who can come on here and who can't.</end quote></div>

I have only asked that you not speak if you have nothing to contribute, not that you stay out of anywhere.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I guess you slogan says it all about you - 'Wide open until you see God.. then brake'</end quote></div>

I guess so. Ya know a slogan really clues you in on how a person really thinks.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The only thing that comes out of your mouth is probably what you got stuck in it - so keep your name calling reserved for your relatives or for your own personal nickname.</end quote></div>

..???...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Do you ever read what you have written before you click to post it? I highly, highly recommend you start. Think about the golden rule as you re-read it too.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default AC 90 governor

You have to stop dumping on peoples post just because they don't express themselves to you liking. And you always try build more into it than what is there, and blow it out of proportion.

Facts:
I don't know
I would not post it even if I did (assuming adult responsibility)
It is there for safety reasons for little kids.
Do you really want to make a kid unsafe.
Hope this helps
Be responsible and drive safely.

Now, why do you want to twist things around and try to cause problems. And how do you know it didn't help him - maybe he did not know it was there for safety and was there only to keep the motor from blowing up. Maybe he didn't know that by taking it off that he could endanger a kid.

What is it with you that people always have to explain and justify what they post to you.

You were not around or I would have sent it to you first before I posted it. So why don't you just hang around here 24/7 so I can get your approval before I dare open my mouth.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default AC 90 governor

Well, I did my slogan especially for you - you certainly could benefit and learn a lot from a dummy.
You certainly are part of the problem, instead of the solution.

Maybe you should practice what you preach and only post things that contribute instead of dumping on what others post, like you just did with my post.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default AC 90 governor

Well at 12 years old and having been riding for 6 years I think he is ready to travel faster than 15mph. This is the second 90 he has had. The first, a polaris, only had the throttle screw that would allow him to travel WITH ME at a higher speed. The artic cat also has an internal governor that works in addition to the throttle screw. I think I am capable of judging how I let my child ride. He is safe, responsible and only rides when I am with him.

Quick Reply: AC 90 governor