Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Heated Grips

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Grips

I know 3 separate guys who have had a wierd coincidence happen with their machines and handwarmers. All three machines had voltage regulator or Stator/charging issues in less than 2 years of use. These guys use their machines for plowing so they also use a winch. One had OEM had warmers installed by the dealer the other two were after market home installation.

I think their issues were there before the hand warmers and were just amplified because of the juice required for the lights, winch and hand warmers coupled with old batteries. So be mindful of how much you are making the machines charging system work.

I still say put on a good pair of gloves and "cowboy up".

SJ

Old 12-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Grips

I put a set of AC's "Deluxe" Hand warmers on this fall. Easy installation. But an FYI: LOOSEN the end caps on your grips. If you pull the screw out.....you leave the dampener/nut in the handlebar. It's a REAL pain digging them out.

Also I DID use glue when I put on the new grips. W/O it the grips just rolled around on the bars.

AC's kit come with a large push switch that took some cuttng w/my Dremel in the pod. I wasa also able to "modifiy" the thumb warmer INTO my thumbsaver extention. Basically the same idea - peel the rubber back/cut away some excess/clean the metal/apply the element/shrinkwrap. WORKS![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]