Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

07 650H1

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 650H1

I am looking for something durable and reliable. One thing that bothers me is the 650 is so big . Also how does the 650 handle climbing hills, with all the power it should do great, but is it tricky trying to keep the front end on the ground, I do know it has to do with the rider and throttle. Unfortunatly the dealer doesn't allow test drives so I am looking for some good feedback.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default 07 650H1

I have an 07 650 H1 and i love it. Like you said it has to do with the rider. You won't have any problem with it if you can drive it correctly. I wouldn't be to worried about pulling the front tires of the ground unless the hill is really steep. If you had a 700 or thundercat then you really have to be careful. Go with the 650 you won't be dissapointed.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default 07 650H1

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: NEW 700 EFI

I am looking for something durable and reliable. One thing that bothers me is the 650 is so big . Also how does the 650 handle climbing hills, with all the power it should do great, but is it tricky trying to keep the front end on the ground, I do know it has to do with the rider and throttle. Unfortunatly the dealer doesn't allow test drives so I am looking for some good feedback.</end quote></div>

From the 400 to 700 the AC's are all the same basic size, difference is engine size, so it comes down to how fast do you want to go on the top speed. Most trail riding is done between 5-35mph and any AC from 400-700 will do that speed and be about equally suited for the trail. Sometimes too much power works against you rather than being a benefit. Bigger engine only means faster top speed, faster acceleration and ability to pull more weight. 400-500 class machines are very capable machines. It is all relative as to being able to get usable HP to the ground, extra HP will only spin your tires, when you may need them to get traction. I have always felt that too much HP is worse than not having enough. Take a 1/2 ton pickup with a big motor and see how it does in snow and mud then take a 1/2 ton with a smaller engine and put some weight in the box and see the difference.

Not bragging but just stating fact - my 400 has gone anyplace that bigger engines have gone and I have actually have gotten stuck less. Plus I get better gas mileage.

My 400 will do 52mph on a good day and that is fast enough for any trail, and certainly fast enough for me. I did have my 400 up to 75mph one time - who cares if it was sitting in the back of my pickup - lol.....

More HP and faster speed only means the quicker you will get yourself into a real mess.

Each to his own and get what fits your needs, but don't think that bigger is better because it isn't - just faster.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Range Rover
Default 07 650H1

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: buckaroo50

I am looking for something durable and reliable. One thing that bothers me is the 650 is so big . Also how does the 650 handle climbing hills, with all the power it should do great, but is it tricky trying to keep the front end on the ground, I do know it has to do with the rider and throttle. Unfortunatly the dealer doesn't allow test drives so I am looking for some good feedback.</end quote></div>

From the 400 to 700 the AC's are all the same basic size, difference is engine size, so it comes down to how fast do you want to go on the top speed. Most trail riding is done between 5-35mph and any AC from 400-700 will do that speed and be about equally suited for the trail. Sometimes too much power works against you rather than being a benefit. Bigger engine only means faster top speed, faster acceleration and ability to pull more weight. 400-500 class machines are very capable machines. It is all relative as to being able to get usable HP to the ground, extra HP will only spin your tires, when you may need them to get traction. I have always felt that too much HP is worse than not having enough. Take a 1/2 ton pickup with a big motor and see how it does in snow and mud then take a 1/2 ton with a smaller engine and put some weight in the box and see the difference.

Not bragging but just stating fact - my 400 has gone anyplace that bigger engines have gone and I have actually have gotten stuck less. Plus I get better gas mileage.

My 400 will do 52mph on a good day and that is fast enough for any trail, and certainly fast enough for me. I did have my 400 up to 75mph one time - who cares if it was sitting in the back of my pickup - lol.....

More HP and faster speed only means the quicker you will get yourself into a real mess.

Each to his own and get what fits your needs, but don't think that bigger is better because it isn't - just faster.</end quote></div>

an arcticat 400 going 75 mph lol, dude your dreaming.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Range Rover
Default 07 650H1

i owned a 07 650 h1 i bought last december its not a speed machine tops out at 60-63 mph, but its got a really low low range that will turn big tires no problem.
handling is well ,the ride is stiffer than some other atvs but its got a nice seat on the 07,i had 29.5 outlaws on mine and i was always in the swamps the machine never let me down, the only issue i had was the fuel line leaking at the carb when i first bought it other than that its a very controlable machine good low end and midrange power, for the price its hard to beat.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer
Default 07 650H1

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: turbocoupe

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: buckaroo50

Q]

an arcticat 400 going 75 mph lol, dude your dreaming.</end quote></div>

LOL! He wasn't dreaming. I'm pretty sure he could see it in his rear view mirror.