Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

07 400 Auto Noisy Drive train?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 400 Auto Noisy Drive train?

http://www.arcticchat.com/foru...7986&hl=carb+slide+mod there ya go theres some pics in there too. basically what you want to do is get to your air box and remove it that should get you to the carb. youll be looking at 4 philups head screws take them out and carfeully remove the cap. you will be looking at a little black rubber boot and a spring. take that out make sure you note how it came apart so you can get it back together. you can cut up to six coils off of the spring but be careful if you cut it too short youll be screwed. so it would be safe to go with 4 coils just to be safe. take out the slide theres a pic of it on a drill press in that link. you want to use a good quality 1/8 in drill bit and you want to drill out the small hole to the outside of the slide. when your done clean it up real well make sure you dont get anything in your carb. and make sure there are no burrs on the slide. use gas to clean it. reassemble and there ya go. now remember its not a hp difference your motor wont put out more hp but it will be more responsive to throttle. i have an 06 400 and i noticed a real nice difference my atv revved quicker my 0-30 was quicker and my atv was alot peppier. i actually stood my atv on its *** the first time i tried to wheelie after doing this because i was use to giving it more throttle to make it stand up. this mod will work on all of the keihlin carbs. some will notice a difference some not but its free and its a nice difference. crypto you may not notice the difference as much as someone who has had the atv longer and had more seat time. also crypto give your atv till about 3-500 miles and watch it wake up you can do the mod now im just referring to when it breaks in. you cat will feel totally different then. also make sure you get your atv in to the dealer around 300 to 500 miles i was told 20 hrs but some disagree to have all the fluids changed and all the adjustments and you valves adjusted if needed. i recomend letting your dealer do it for the first time so they cant say it wasnt done and they can make sure everything is ok and your break in will go great. let me know if you have any more questions. good luck oh and dont hold me responsible if any one screws this up its very simple to do.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Trailblazer

thanks rango

You know, back to the noisy drive train. I see they have those silly bars securing the foot steps. Those things rattle around like crazy. This along with the loose tools under the seat and hitch receiver are probably a lot of what I'm hearing.

Interesting that they wouldn't bolt bars to those foot steps.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

ive never had mine rattle. my tools do but i took them out and put them in my atv lounger.and are you saying the pintle is rattling inside of the reciever?? but yeah those are probable noises. but there is some backlash noise but thats normal

Old 12-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for all your help. I meant the hitch that goes inside the receiver. Those step rods are really lose on mine. I'll figure out a way to tighten them. I agree it's the drive too.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

one way i fixed my hitch reciever from rattling is to weld a small bead on it to take up the space. worked great,no rattle. (did to my truck hitch also). Another thing, i know you guys figured out you rattling noise but i was riding with my dads friend a few weeks ago and every time he stopped to talk, he turned the bike off. i told him it should be way quieter than that. he shouldnt have to turn the bike off. so he took it in and the bolt on the clutch was loose. nothing was ruined but he said its been like that since day one so he thought it was normal. now hes even more satisfied.