Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Storage accessories

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage accessories

Were do you all get your storage compartments from - the ones that attach to either front or rear racks? I know my wife wants to get the rear one that has side compartments and/or cooler in the rear. For the front I am looking for a soft cover compartment that, when empty, will sit pretty flat. I saw in the AC catalog they have one for the front, but it seems to sit up kinda high. Anyone have pics of front compartments and where they picked it up at? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Kimpex makes some. So do AC. The soft side boxes aren't very practical, if they aren't full they sag all over. Get a tall box for the rear and a low box for the front.

Tamarack is a good one.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

I have one that sits on the rear rack from from Cabelas with a soft cushy seat. It needed some tweaking to make it truely "dry storage" and it is nice to sit back and relax inthe seat while hunting from the ATV. My daughter rides there as well and likes how it rides. I have 2 different soft cover bags and like neither I think one is a "mad dog" or something like that. A large duffle bags is cheaper and works just as well for me.

I personally like the smaller action packer totes and or a large ammo can I got at the army surplus store.

I also know a few guys who swear they will never put anything but a hard box on either rack. I guess having a hard box has saved their bacon when the machine rolled on top of them by giving them a place to keep from getting crushed.

Make sure you look at what it will be used for to help you decide.

SJ