Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Prowler 700 XTX Rules in Mud!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Prowler 700 XTX Rules in Mud!

View the Pictures Here: http://www.arcticchat.com/foru...ex.php?showtopic=81605

Okay, I was a little skeptical of my new Prowlers aggressiveness and stability at first, but now I'm convinced, this thing is awesome!

We took it mudding on Saturday after 2 days of solid pouring rain, needless to say, IT WAS MUDDY! We watched a Honda 500 4x4 with a snorkel kit attempt to go through a rather deep mud hole, after several minutes of rocking and mud slinging, he finally made it through... We followed him through in 4x4 <u>without the differential locked in</u> and it never hesitated, we just slowly plowed through, I probably could have gone through in 2 wheel drive, but never went back to try...

After all the fun we could take in the mud, we decided to try out the climbing ability of this beast... We quickly realized that this thing would go places that I wouldn't dream of taking my Honda 420 4x4. (Keep in mind, this thing only had 7 miles on it at the beginning of the day, we are just getting started) The only downfall is the width, but no problem, I have a winch, I just latched onto one tree and pulled it over, it was about 4-5 inches in diameter, not huge, but couldn't run over that one... We also found out quickly that small trees were no match for this machine, we just cleared a path when needed but just pushing forward... The 1,250+ lbs of this beast makes it a great pathmaker...

No matter what we did, this thing stayed right-side-up. There were 4-5 times I really thought it would roll over since we always seemed to hit the deepest mud holes at the wrong angle... The other great thing is that you DO NOT feel the bumps when you are cruising down the main trails, and your back doesn't get sore from riding all day because the seats are so comfortable.

At the end of the day, we decided to hit one last mud hole, fortunately we were going slow because we buried it up to the top of the hood in the front left while the right two wheels were completely off the ground, after we did all we could going forward without quite making it out, we finally put it in reverse and just backed right out with no problems at all.

See pictures below for some idea of how high the mud was, keep in mind it was pouring rain, so it kept washing the mud back off, these shots were right after we came out of the hole behind the Honda 500 I mentioned earlier...