Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Artic Cats With Cracked FRames

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Artic Cats With Cracked FRames

I checked mine and found no cracks yet. I hope i dont, but will certainly let you know if i do!!

Old 07-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer

Had 2 more post on ArcticChat with broken frames, another 04 and a the first 07, I think its a 650, both upper frame tubes in front of air box. He also found a spot where the welder blew through the vertical tube. I STILL NEED SOME VIN#s

Old 07-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, still no frame problems , checked throughly this past weekend.

Have had no problems at all as far as reliability , engine , Nothing...

No complaints. It should be called tow-truck or recovery 4x4 cause I'm allways
pulling stuck poeple out while everyone else sitts around & watches.

My daughter sunk it in quicksand sunday up to the seat. It was pretty funny, water was only 4 in. deep and it sank like a rock. took all of 5 min. to get it out.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't get false information. Its the 04/05 models with the problem. NOT the 06+ models. There were weak weld issues in the 04/05 models. NO problems with 06+

Old 07-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer

v2rider, as far as being a weld issue, I am not sure it is. I have yet to see a crack at a weld, or for that matter, within 1/2" but most are within 2" of the uprights. I am thinking it might be that the steel is to hard and brittel. Instead of flexing and being some what giving it snaps. As far as the the 06 and 07 I have not seen the pictures, but as being there is only one each, I dont see a current problem like the others. But by the sound of the 07 it has broke in the same place as the others.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats a first for me to hear of iton an 06+ model. It sounds more like abuse, as in jumping a utility, or something of that nature on the newer ATVs.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

I looked back at the post and there is one 06 and 2 07s. One of the 07s had 50 miles on it, but it broke around the control arm area. the other had 400 miles one it and broke around the upper frame tube by the air box. I do see where you are coming from though, To some guys , and girls they are just a toy to go out and play in the mud and water,and race and do whatever. Me I dont have that kind of money to just throw around, when I buy somthing I have got to decide if its going to pay for itself by saving me time, fuel, or help me get somthing done a little easier. I guess on the newer bikes only time will tell.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Range Rover

Still nothing here!!!!! So did we decide if its 06's or not?

Old 07-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

greetings as this is my first post.i am also the not so proud owner of a 2005 650v2,with a frame that litterally broke into 4 or 5 pieces.i am a 3 time cat owner,however this will be my last.arctic cat has told me personally they will do nothing to fix my quad because the warranty is up. i explained this was not a warranty issue,it is a manufacturer defect.i have found many people with exactly the same problem ,same break locations, same year and model everything is the same.yet arctic cat tells me there is no problem with these frames and this is only my opinion.my opinion now is that they will never see another dime of mine.unfortunately i now have a 7300 dollar quad that was supposed to be the (race ready, strongest frame ,best suspension, the biggest and baddest) ,instead i have a company who wont back up their products.i am embarrased to say they are an american manufacturer.i understand there are problems when you manufacture anything, but you can not just turn a blind eye and pretend it isnt happening. i have never owned a foreign car ,i have always backed american manufacturers to the end.i guess i expected more..(maybe some pride)

Old 07-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Range Rover

Sounds to me like everyone that has had this problem needs to get on board and file a class action lawsuit!! Some of the people that have confronted arctic cat w/ this problem have gotten a frame out of the deal..

Quick Reply: Artic Cats With Cracked FRames