Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Artic Cats With Cracked FRames

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Artic Cats With Cracked FRames

I hate for this to be my first post on this forumn to be about this, but here goes. I would like everyone who has a 04, 05 ,and 06 cats to inspect there frames for cracks it appears to be a problem and Cat does not want to step up and take care of it. some bikes have had all 4 main frame tubes crack completly through. It seems that the first cracks to show up are under the front of the seat and or around the air box, the tubes around or behind the front lower control arms,on automatics, in front of the shifter mount or pivot, and also behind the foot brake pivots. This is a very dangerous situation, it has been known to cause the shifter to jump out of and into another gear almost causing the bikes to flip over, also it has been known to pull the air intake off in between the carb and engine assembly. If you have had these problems and Ac does not resovle them, please contact me or list contact info along with the vin # and as much information as you can along with pictures
This is for the purpose of a possible class action suit against AC to get these serious and dangerous problems resolved thanks , Carlis Stephens

Old 05-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

Has any one looked at their frames to check for cracks /

Old 05-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

mainly what models? does it matter how much use the atv has had or is from the factory cracked? i have a 2006 500 manual shift. that sucks if it is!!!

Old 05-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

My 07 650H1 is 6 mos. old. Looked all over but havent seen any yet.
I will keep checking though.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer

mainly the 05 models and it seems like its on the 650 V-2s but there have been issues on the 04s to from some people but by the time 06 came around something had changed and I dont think the 06s had very many or any issues, I am almost 100% sure that 07 has 0 issues and yeah nothing from 08s yet either. They crack and brake up by the air box on the V-2s and in some other places to.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

It seems like so far it is the 04, 05, 06's from the 400's to the 650's with the 500 and 650's being the the worse . The milage dont seem to be a factor. There have been cracks show up with as little as 50 miles. Mine had 3800 miles when I noticed the cracks at the seat -airbox area, it was under warrenty and in the shop for other repairs and the dealer said he didn't have a welder to repair it. At the time I didnt think it a big deal until my next trip and 1000 miles later when I was having problems with the shifter popping out of gear and a poping noise in the front end. That is when I started looking and found that the main frame tubes cracked in 3 places, 2 ofwhich was completly through.
I know how I ride my bike, there is no abuse, no jumping, no mudding. I use it, and have to depend on it to get me where I need to go, and to get me back. I have bought a new frame and now debating on wether I want to take the time to change everything over or let the (not the same dealer)dealerdo it.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to hear about your problem with Arctic Splat. This company offers the worst warranties because they know their products are frail and are going to fail sooner than later. I own a '07 650 h1 and have spent more money fixing it than I have on payments. This is the first and last piece of crap I ever buy from them

Old 05-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Merkle, I own a 07 650 H-1 and havent had a min. trouble. I dont race it but do alot of muddin and really don't cut it much slack. I run it hard and pull alot of people out that get stuck.
Sorry you don't like yours.. what problems have you had?

Old 06-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Trailblazer

I had a guy from Colorado call me last week with a crack in his 04 650 with about 1200 miles , he was going to call back after talking to A/C. The dealer had already said there was no problems so he to thought it shouldn't be happening and serched the web and found arcticchat and my post about my frame, and then he seen all the others with the bad frames. A/C called him back yesterday and told him they would give him a frame as a goodwill gestr, but he would have to pay the labor so he called to see if he should take the deal. He has several(6 or 7) with the same bike. They are now checking their bikes for cracks

Old 06-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

The 06 650 did not have issues like the 05s and 04s did. I had an 06 650 V-2 and was on top of everything and well aware of the problems, the frame issues did not apply to the 06s like it did with the 05s

Quick Reply: Artic Cats With Cracked FRames