Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Thunder cat 1000

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008 | 02:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Thunder cat 1000

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlueRubie

so about that Low gear guy's ?

Mike D</end quote></div>

Yes it has a low gear. Says so right on the spec section of the arctic cat website. Their crappy, bloated, slow and mostly useless website.

Old 07-10-2008 | 04:27 PM
Range Rover
Default Thunder cat 1000

wow! bro that sux! i feel bad for you.. after reading your post. and the post below yours, i am now not sure if i am going to buy one..i was seriously getting ready to make the move. but now im sketchy about it.......thx for sharing.. hope you get your problems resolved so you can get out and ride!

Old 11-08-2008 | 12:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Thunder cat 1000"></title><script src=

I'm new to the forum as well and have had a 2008 t-cat as well as a 2009 which i am riding now. The 08 had the diff seals changed i don't how many times, the starter twice, oil cooler leaks and head gaskets done. As for the 09 i have really not had any issues at all. I have a speedwerx slip on and clucth kit as well. the bike also has ss112's with 26" itp's. The only thing i hate is that spike load damper.I would very much like to see a wayb around that without having the rear diff welded. Anyone with any input would b greatly appreciated.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2008 | 04:13 PM
Trailblazer

R u happier with your 09 ?

Old 11-13-2008 | 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

i've had my t cat since aug 260 miles on it now one trip to glamis have a set of paddles for the rear and mohawks for the front. really handles great with the mohawks. the stock tires slide in the sand while trying to turn. haven't had ant issues with my cat. in az i'm street legal also. it's fun blowing by other bikes and a little wheelie at the lites. MY QUESTION TO YOU ALL? what differences did you see by adding the slip on and clutch kit from speedwerxs? most people have done the clutch but for the mud to get more low end. i want more top end. but the (sand) really sucks up the horse power.

Old 11-13-2008 | 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

The clutch kit i purchased has 3 different options, 1 for 27" mudders, 1 for bottom to mid and 1 for mid to top end. The 1 i chose is the second cause i have 26" x 9" itp's on ss112's. I find this gives me awesome bottom through mid range and i can still do a little mudding. I also have the speedwerx slip on which i find has a very nice sound, it barks not roars. I phoned speedwerx and they we're very accomadating. It would be worth your while to chek it out. 09 T-CAT

Old 11-13-2008 | 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

T CAT thanks for the info i've talked to speedwerxs about what i wantedto do they recommended the slip on and clutch. i just spent a grand on tires $ rims for the sand. i figured i might spend another 350 but another 700 this close to the holidays makes my rat hole money fall way down the hole. (so i guess if you were only going to do one mod right now which one would it be? )speedwerks didn't mention at the time there was 3 styles of clutches that helps.

Old 11-14-2008 | 09:34 AM
Trailblazer

If you are looking for just better acceleration for now i would recommend going with the clutch kit. It's half the price of the slip on and i think it will give you more of what your looking for. I believe that you would find more satisfaction with the kit for now as i have tried both ways. However when it comes time that your finances can relate, i do strongly recommend the slip on.Hope everything works out for you like mine did. Oh and when your installing the kit if you like i can let you know exactly what i did to mine.

Old 11-14-2008 | 09:57 PM
Trailblazer

thanks i'd appreciate that. i'll probaly order a clutch kit next week.

Old 11-18-2008 | 09:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Thunder cat 1000

buy an 09 I had an 08 right when the T-Cats came out, now Im on my 09, no issues with the 09. The earliest of the 08s the first run were all bought back, the second run like I had are out there and very problematic, the late 08s seem to be decent but still a gamble, the 09s have most the bugs worked out for the most part along with many many updates that are well worth the extra $ except for the stupid *** electronic diff lock that is not only hard to push but more potential for problems

Quick Reply: Thunder cat 1000