Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Blowing 30A Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blowing 30A Fuse

Hi There,

My Dad has a 2007 700cc Arctic Cat that blows the 30A main Fuse. No other fuses are being blown, just the main fuse. It doesn't do it all the time and is therefore hard to figure out what is doing it. It seems to only do it when it is in low range. Twice it has happened while working in the woods hauling out trees and another time while playing in the pits. When the Fuse blows, a new one is immediately put in and doesn't blow, only after some time will it blow another one. Has anybody had a problem similar to this with this bike or is there any ideas on where to look. I tried getting a wiring diagram for the wheeler but every manual I have seen doesn't have schematics. Thanks

Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer
Default Blowing 30A Fuse

I had this happen on mine, but it was the ignition fuse. Took it to the dealer and turned out it was a bad wiring harness. Replaced under warrenty, and no problems since. I have heard of this a few times but i think it was the ingintion fuse the other times. Good luck on figuring it out.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blowing 30A Fuse

It sounds like the fuse is blowing when you are working it pretty hard. Mine was blowing the main fuse when it got hot and tried to kick the cooling fan on. It ended up being due to a short in a wire but I found it because it was related to the fan and gave me somewhere to start. This may be a place to look.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blowing 30A Fuse

BigWheel,

Your fuse is being blown by a short or a electrical surge. Since it has occured while working it hard I would agree with J3nut in that the cooling fan would be a good place to start. Another place to look is to remove the front rack and plastic and inspect the wires that run through a little metal channel at the base of the handle bars.

There are a bunch of wires and plugs there that rub against each other each time you turn the handle bars. They should be able to move freely and if they cannot they pull out of the instrument pod and unplug themselves and such.

Check it over slowly and methodically and keep at it. Electrical issues can be frustrating so we are pulling for you.

SJ