Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

new to the game

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the game

ive got a 04 cat,500 auto.threw some mudlites and a snorkel kit.i used to get 60 mph now i get 45mph.do i need a clutch kit?also theres a winding in the tranny.what could that be?? -------------------------------------------- 04 cat 26inch mudlites,snorkel

Old 06-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default new to the game

did you rejet after adding the snorkels. what size piping did you use 2"? 1 1/2" if you used 2" you need to rejet. the 26's should make too much of a difference but you will lose some speed. there heavier. a clutch kit will definately help. and improve. i am running 27 swamplites on 14" itp ss 108's and snorks and a clutch kit and a pipe on my 400 and i dont have much for speed probably 45 mph but i can stand it straight up with little effort. no kneeling on the rack.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default new to the game

yeah i ran 2 inch only to the trannybox,not the airbox do i still need to rejet???i shouldnt right?yeah i found out that the whining is coming from the front tranfercase not the tranny itself.i think whoever borrowed it while i was gone up north messed it up now the switch is locked.that would be my brother n law!so the switch is now bad.it stays on.im trying to follow the path from the switch to where ever it goes to discconnect it .but no luck yet.as far as a clutch kit goes,did you do it yourself?and did it help out alot or not to much difference.do you use weight on the front unless your in water or what?

Old 06-14-2008, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default new to the game

if its a stock air intake no jetting willl be needed. and the whining is comign from your 4x4 solenoid call country cat and order a new one. or take that one off and take it apart and clean it. silicone it as well and see if that helps. country cat will get you one on the cheap. i installed my own clutch kit. it was pretty easy. you will want to pay special attention to your one way bearing. or your atv will want to take off when started if its installed in the wrong direction. and it made a real nice difference. the atv just kept pulling up hills rather than bogging down. well worth the money for the kit. i dont use any weight on my atv. its heavy enough. heres my wright up on how to install a clutch kit in a 400. check it out. and check out the site as well. great site.
http://www.arcticchat.com/foru...ex.php?showtopic=77157

Old 06-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default new to the game

as far as the 4x4 solenoid ,located inside the tranny box?and i wonder if i could use a new belt.how long do those last?also i found out what was up with the 4wd.i had disconnect the actuator from the front end gear assembly....now it goes like 30mph on the street.as long as im messing around in the yard its ok but when i try to see what i can get out of it,not happening.engine gets hotter faster as well.just seems like its going to crap.im thinkin im going to have to throw some seriuos money into it.to get it right anyway.yeah let me know if you know of anything else i could do.thanks for the help.