Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

relax guys--we're here for the same reason

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2001, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fellow ac guys,

i have been reading a post regarding the durability of ac's and all i discerned from the post was a war of words and a pissing contest. we are all here for the same reason and that is to talk to other ac owners to gain advice and information or just to talk about mishaps and misadventures. arctic cat is a budding atv company competing with the firmly entrenched polaris, yamaha, honda, and kawasaki. if we are constantly bickering among ourselves, unity will be impossible to gain and hold. we are a pride and we should have pride as well because no other atv forum can effectively call themselves a pride.
we are americans and we do have our opinions; however, we also have interpretations and misinterpretations. i have learned that if someone constantly misinterprets what i write i tend not to reply to that message--sometimes its best just to leave well enough alone, in other words don't put blood in the water if you don't want the shark to attack.

just a thought,

texascat

Old 01-28-2001, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Excellent post TexasCat, good observations as well. Did you happen to read any of the "Grizz, Ruby or SP500" posts in the Utility forum? That turned out to be pretty much an "if you don't ride honda, get the hell out" conversation. I'll be the first to admit that I've been caught up in a "pissing match" a time or two before-most recently concerning the Traxter/Cat write-up. Luckily we caught it early enough to realize it was a simple misunderstanding before things got ugly, and everything turned out for the better. There are a few guys here however (not just the AC board, but the entire forum as well) who seem to like causing "pissing matches". They seem to post nothing at all regarding actual factual information, or intelligent posts, but rather, resort to derogatory comments, slang terms and basically, mine is better so you don't know jack. Hell, ask Andy, I think he's been attacked the most harshly here lately, concerning nothing at all, other than somebody looking for an arguement. No, it wasn't Boner I'm referring to-hell, he's been attacked quite a bit as well a while back.

Whoa, guess they haven't got the bleep button working yet for the Superbowl! They're calling out names for the Giants players now, and you can hear exactly what each player is shouting-some things of which are always bleeped out on national tv.

You are right though about the "pride", and the meaning of the word itself. And, also about the fact that AC is still a rather "new" company, though doing quite well actually, still has a long way to go before being recognized as one of the top powerhouses to compete with the "honda" or "polaris" names. Hell, I still run into a lot of people who see my 'Cat, and think it was something I built myself, or brought in from some outside source-these guys have no idea AC builds atv's yet.

Not only is there a certain pride we all have in our machines, but also, a certain pride in which we must have for ourselves, our attitudes and abilities to react with others across the board-not just the forum, but the country as well. The Bush/Gore thing is yet one of the best examples to date of such attitudes, ignorance, and pride or lack of that I can think of.

Anyway, not sure exactly what I'm bitching about now-kind of trying to ignore these "backstreet b_tches" destroying our national anthem. Let's get the great Mr. George Strait out there to really do us justice. Kind of funny how the media has a way of making or breaking something doesn't it?

End of sermon, best of luck and keep the 'Cat running long and hard! Any pics yet???

Mike

Old 01-28-2001, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

no pics yet, i'm not that technologically advanced. i plan to get a digital camera soon.
you're right about george strait, he graduated from southwest texas state university in san marcos, texas as did i--in other words he's a good ol' boy. i can handle britney spears (not her music though) as for the backdoor boys, they ain't nothin' but a bunch of mud-packers.

texascat

Old 01-29-2001, 01:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Backdoor boys or Nsync or whoever it was, yeah they sucked, even though Aerosmith was a good addition to that, it all got a lot better when I saw Britney Spears in that piece of a t-shirt. I don't know what was up with the sock on her arm though. Then that rap dude came out. I don't even think he knew what he was saying. Ravens won, as I expected. Both teams offense isn't much to scream about, but the defense is for real. Did baltimore score more than one td that wasn't after a turnover?

As for the arguement game here, its just something that will always be around. I try not to pick them, but I will stick around and work on finishing it. That seems to happen a lot, but its all fun and games. If two people disagree on something, its pointless, because 9 times out of 10, nobody is going to change their mind. There are always new guys that come on and try to **** people off, but I could think of a few old guys here that I absolutely cannot stand. None from this forum though. We are all here for the same reason, but sometimes you can only tolerate so much ignorance.

Old 01-29-2001, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

Texascat and everyone else,

Well said.I'm a school teacher and a coach and I see that stuff happen everyday, people and kids fighting just because they can. If there one thing I love about being an artic cat owner it is being an artic cat owner if that makes sense. All I hear is "Does it work well? Can it do this? Is it as good as this? Why not buy one of these instead? I thought they made snow mobiles." It's great. I simply point out the features, discuss pros and cons, and then take them for a ride. I don't have to "sell" the machine or belittle another machine to like what I have. I love being on IH 10 going to our land and waving to all the other guys with 4-wheelers in the back of their trucks too. Not because I think I have a better ride than them but because I know they like theirs and I like mine. I've often felt silly when I'm filling up with gas and talking to someone else filling up about their machine and mine and then unloading our machines right there at the truck stop and playing on the side of the road. It's funny watching an artic cat guy play with push button shifting and a honda guy play with a heel-toe shifter. I sat at home reading through tons of forum topics with my dad, who also bought an artic cat with me, trying to decide on what to buy. We looked at everything under the sun and then looked at it again. I spoke with at least 15 different sales men and dealers of every brand down here before we went out and bought cats. When the cat dealer in Seguin asked us why we chose artic cats we both agreed it was because of all the positives we saw and read about right here at this forum. We both told him if you want to sell your cats send people here. I know we were impressed.

Bottom line: Ride em cause you like yours just like someone else like theirs. But remember to help pull them out or tow them home!

Texascat: You have a cat and I have a cat. You graduated from SWT and I graduated from SWT. If you say you drive an 86 Dodge D250 or a 99 Dakota R/T I would have to say we were seperated at birth. We have got to hook up and ride.

Old 01-29-2001, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with everyone. I have found a lot of valuable information here. When people start making rude comments its better to remain quiet and let it die down. No one wins when you argue and fight. You just spend a lot of energy on useless talk. Like the saying goes "if you can't say anything nice and useful then don't say anything at all".

Old 01-29-2001, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Don't mean to intrude. Just want to say this is an excellent post and well spoken. I'd like to try an AC someday, problem is I don't know anyone who has one around here. This is my first post in this forum but I always come over for the info.

Old 01-29-2001, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

dakotart,

i drive a ford 350 crewcab v10. i used to have a route in S.A. in both the rural and unban areas and we used to hunt doves in charlotte. where about do ya have some property. i just want to get a mental picture of the territory. we might have to hook up sometime this summer.

my email is highcaliberdist@hotmail.com

have a good week,

ryan

Old 01-30-2001, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

sent you e-mail texascat.