Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

no more squeaky front!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i gave my ac a much needed bath this weekend to the point that it actually looks new. plus, i eliminated the squeaks due to dirt getting trapped between my brake rotors and pads.

this memorial day i am going to enter it in the fayette county country fair parade to advertise my business and show off the only ac presently in fayette county. is there any cleaning solution available to make it shine like a diamond in a goat's ***?? if there is i'd be happier than a tick on a fat dog.

thanks,

ryno

Old 01-30-2001, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Honda polish (no joke) does wonders. Comes in a spray can.

Old 01-30-2001, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

Heh heh heh, I love that Texas attitude there! Glad to hear you finally got rid of your squeaks, they do get annoying after a while. I finally had to duct tape my handles down on my mortar box as they rattled too much. Much nicer now that they're shut up and don't make noise anymore. As for the "diamond in a goats ***", I've heard that mop and glow works pretty good, though I've never tried it myself. The mud and other debris on my 'Cat is a protective coating for a fine piece of equipment. And, as it took sooo much hard work applying to the 'Cat, I'm not in a very big hurry to take it off. Though, if I was in a parade, I'd probably spit shine her up for the hell of it. Best of luck though, and hopefully the parade turns out well!

Mike

Old 01-30-2001, 09:58 AM
Range Rover

TEXASCAT, I traveled for work to Houston for 10 years. Miss the food, the music, the atmosphere, but mostly the people. Thanks for talkin a little Texas I got a big smile on my face when I read it!!! Buckfever

Old 01-30-2001, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

Texascat,
You can use any of the automotive vynal, and plastic cleaners. Mop & glow works great too. They will make it shine like you want. I wouldn't recommend spraying any one the seat unless you want to be like a kid catching a greased pig in the rodeo. It makes it too slick. Also spray some "no touch" tire cleaner on the tires. This will make the tires shine bright. If you have the natural aluminum colored rims You can take some "simichrome" and a small buffing wheel that fits on a drill. This will put a nice shine on the wheels.
Good Luck in the parade.