Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Cat problems no more.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat problems no more.

A few weeks ago I was posting about some problems I was having with my '09 700 EFI Cat, but we got it fixed up and it's working fine. I did blow a rad fan fuse on Sunday again, but replaced it and on I went. For the first time I was the only one not to get stuck. The Kenda Executioner tires I put on really make the difference over stock tires. Once on the packed grass trail though, I get hosed pretty bad by a couple of other makes of quad. A Can-Am 650, and a King Quad 750 got me pretty good. Both bikes are only a year or two old I believe, but I did have a tough time keeping up with them. That's what made me ask this question. What does Arctic Cat allow an owner to do to the bike without voiding his/her warranty? I know going up one tire size is allowed, but what about performance mods? Can I put on a pipe? Lift kit or spacers? Anyone know what 'Cats official stance is on this?

Old 10-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 'official' AC line is, the warranty covers the quad in stock form. You mod at your risk. If AC can prove that your mod caused the problem, they will deny your claim, ie, you put big tires and wheels on and trash the tranny, or you bend the frame or front end drag racing your buddies.

IMHO, I wouldn't do anything till the 6 months warranty is up. 'Cats 'wake up' after about 500-600 miles.Pile on the miles and make sure you have a solid quad first.

Then think about mods.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Ask your dealer up front if he would cover a clutch kit under warrant. If he will, I would suggest the EPI kit. It woke my 700 up and I can't believe how much better it accelerates and how quick it down shifts now. Well worth the money.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Well, modding certain things might void certain parts. You could mod the clutch, but that wouldn't void an issue with the cooling system. Adding a pipe alone wouldn't void the warranty, other than the exhaust system, provided no jetting was needed (for a carb model).

Yes, some dealers will tell you any type of mods will void the warranty. Those are the dealers to avoid.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Range Rover

you want to have some power buy a V.D.I.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Arctic Cats will void the warranty if ANY mods are done.Its doesn't matter if it's a pipe,clutch,air intake or even a simple tire change thats as little as a inch larger than factory tires it will void the warranty.That is straight from Arctic Cats mouth,but most dealerships will side with the customer if they beleive the mod did not cause the problem.When the atv is covered under the factory warranty Arctic Cat never even ask's about mods,but the extended warranty companys are a different story.