Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

story time.fun week in wyoming

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default story time.fun week in wyoming

Well i made it out to wyoming once again this year. Ill try to make my story short,but its hard to leave details out when you have so much fun. Did some antalope hunting and walked with a guy i work with as he was elk hunting. I have never gone elk hunting yet but i have put in for a tag for the past 2 years. Anyways, we decided to go do some riding on the mountain. After 3 days of snow fall we were finally able to go. When we arrived at the trail i couldnt believe the trail. I live in missouri and our trails arent exactly flat, but not too hilly, though at times it can get tough. As we head up the mountain he stops and says," this trail here will test your machine", as there was 12-14" of snow and and full of big boulder rocks. His wife said the trail was hard enough when its dry,so good luck. We get goin, the snow was gettin deep and the trail was hard to see. i was following him on his 800 cc( i wont say the brand. im not here to bash) with 27" swamplites that i had recomended him to buy earlier this year. when we got to a spot where he couldnt go anyfarther i said " well, let me see if i can. flipped the 4 wheel locker on and let it eat. went past him and kept on goin. I couldnt believe it, my new 700 efi was kickin some ***. Ive been riding for 18 years, nothing ever this extreme,deep snow,steep,rocky,it was awsome. at times i was goin about 2 or 3 miles per hour but had it floored. Well the trail was 8 miles to the top of the mountain when we finally got to the top and he told me that he has never seen a machine run like that,ever! on the way up i looked back several times and couldnt see him. he still had to stop and back up to get a run at it several times while trying to follow my tracks. like i said ,this is my 3rd arctic cat atv and i am very impressed with this efi700. i am running 28" swamplites and he decided to get a small lift kit and 28s on his machine to try and make it look like the cats. in his part of the counry, know one has a cat,all yamaha,polaris,or honda, and the cat just changed his mind. sorry for the long story, but i had to tell the story as detailed as possible. good luck riding and have fun!!

Old 10-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default story time.fun week in wyoming

Sounds great, all we have around here are hills. Fun but not the same.....