Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

black sheep: 4 polaris and 1 cat

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2001, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diogenes,
I'm sorry if I was offensive. You were only expressing your opinion. Most people don't pass judgement, they just give you their opinion.

I never said I was in catholic school.

I get the feeling something bad happened to you at one time so I'll leave you alone.

Dakota R/T

Old 02-05-2001, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

My error, dakotart! I thought your comment, "I thought I was in a Catholic school for a second and someone was going to beat me with a yard stick . . ." reflected your experience. Anyway, isn't the 12-inch ruler, instead of the yardstick, the nun's corrective instrument of choice? Hey, just kidding! Be careful out there!

As to something bad happening, something bad certainly happened to a friend of mine. Hit by a drunk driver (in daylight), he is now a paraplegic and must off-road in an Odyssey (although, I guarantee you, you will never see a more aggressive or fearless Odyssey rider in your life!).

Diogenes

Old 02-05-2001, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your friend. I understand your concern for the situation now. Keep riding.

Old 02-05-2001, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

diogenes,

i am truly sorry to hear about your friend, and i would like you to know why i keep my alcohol consumption to a minimum. you see, when i was younger i acted as the designated driver to anyone who had a little too much to drink. i felt that getting that person home safely was more important than myself having a good time. because of this, i have a very low tolerance for alcohol and a large amount can hinder me useless. while at a party, i want to fit in but i also like to be level-headed enough to prevent the party from getting out of control, so the four cups of beer at this party allowed me to fit in but, yet, left me stable enough to act as referee. therefore, you are correct when you say that alcohol should never be mixed with any kind of motor vehicle no matter what time of day it is unless you are ready to suffer the consequences. i know there are a lot of people that drink while operating an atv and they only realize the error after they have an accident and hurt themselves or someone else. i can honestly say that i will not consume alcohol while operating an atv ever again because i was lucky--the outcome could have been much different.

best of luck to you,

ryan