Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Holtzman systems

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holtzman systems

Years ago, I installed Holtzman Multi-Range Vari-Flow units on my 2 AC Cougar snowmobiles. The reason was that my wife and I rode most of the mountain ranges in N. America and I didn't want to have to re-jet each time we encountered major elevation changes.

Once I had installed the units on the carbs, I never had to change the jets for elevation or temperatures. I installed the Holtzman units in about 1998. More than worth the money.

Now my question is;
I have a '04 AC 500 TRV (carburetored). It this something that should be considered for riding many elevation changes? I have never heard of this, but is this a considedration?

Bobpo

Old 12-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Holtzman systems

what dose the Holtzman multy-range unit actually do? does it just regulate flow of fuel or what? iv never heard of that being usen on an ATV, i would usually just rejet for your max elevation. exaple: you ride 100ft-1000ft, jet for around 1000ft. you will run a bit rich at lower elevations but rich wont harm your ATV as much as running too lean.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Holtzman systems

It is a Venturi set-up somewhat similar to that which is used on aircraft as I understand. I can tell you this for sure. When I ride from 100 ft to 9,000 feet, all I have to do is to check my (supplied) chart for the temperature and elevation, change a hose connection and dial in the appropraite setting on the dash-mounted dial and I'm all set to go. This takes seconds and I have not re-jetted for years. I have the units on 2 sleds and I love them...

Old 12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Holtzman systems

i wouldnt really know if that set up would work on an atv, but it would be worth a try

Old 12-22-2008, 02:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Holtzman systems

I believe you are looking for a Dial-a-Jet.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default Holtzman systems

Hey, I just received an e-mail from Holtzman. He tells me that the Multi-Range Vari-Flow has been replaced by a unit called the ATACC. He claims that the Vari-Flow was dropped in light of the fact that so many of the snowmobiles had gone to Fuel Injection.

He also added that the ATACC will work on the ATV unless it has a CV (constant velocity) vacuum Carburetor. Now I guess I'll have to check that out 'cause I don't really know the answer to that...

He also claims that the old stand-by, the Tempa Flow will also work. It's been out longer than the Vari-Flow or the ATACC.

I have had so much great response with the Vari-Flows that I am a definite fan of the Holtzman products. The man knows his business.

To give you an idea as to how much I swear by his product, the installation of the Vari-Flows on my snowmobiles required that I drill holes in the carburetors. NOW THINK ABOUT THAT. I DRILLED HOLES IN MY CARBS AND THEY WORKED EVEN BETTER....THAT WAS SCARY...

Old 12-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default Holtzman systems

I am familiar with the Dial-A-Jets and did look into them when I purchased the Vari-Flows back in about 1998, but there was a reason I went to the Vari-Flows. I just don't recall why right now. I know the Vari-Flows were a step-up in the type of system...