Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

BIGGER Battery? Or run 2 Together?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIGGER Battery? Or run 2 Together?

I would love to see a sketch of that wiring diagram. And I agree, if your set-up works for your purpose, this could be shared with others, (like me) and you could become famous. At least by me you could.

I mentioned to you earlier that I am a firm believer in keeping my batteries charged and I have not had a real problem. WELL, I went out a plowed some snow today and them pulled the TRV into the shop. Went to start it again for something, GUESSS WHAT? Very little juice. Naturally, of course, 5 yr old battery. So back on the charger. Didn't even have the lights on. Oh Well...!

Keep up with the great ideas. Love reading stuff like this.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

I'll see what pics I can post on my set-up later today. Mind you it's SNOWING again![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer

By the way, is that 650 an EFI or Carbed?

I've often wondered if the jet on my (500) Carb is supposed to be changed at different temperatures and/or elevations as the snowmobiles are.

It's snowing here in NW Ohio again too. Total so far, about 15" on the ground. Supposed to get 3"-7" between today and tommorrow.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

Carb'd - with all the moisture my TRV has the potential to be exposed to - and I'm NOT talking about mudd'n - EFI just posed TOO many IMHP potential problems when things get wet. Also out here on the big flat nothingness of the plains elevation isn't an issue either. I prefer the KISS approach -keep-it-simple-stupid

We've actually almost run out of places to put snow. Since NOV. we're just shy by 2" of 5ft of snow! - on the ground!

We're supposed to get another 5" today. That puts it at over 2ft since last thurs!

WOW.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this site out. My buddy just bought one for his Popo 700.

Heavy Duty Battery

It is listed as a Harley battery, but he says it fits directly in his battery location, I am unsure about the AC's but you could alwasy call and talk to somebody?

925 cca is pretty big for a AC and I believe it is a Deep cycle?

Old 01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

K I was able to take a quick pic at lunch for those wondering what the set-up looks like:

This is only a temporary setup till I mount everything under the rear seat.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

If it works, do it....Great Idea

Old 05-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

I know its an old thread but I had the same problem when plowing that the stock battery was junk and couldnt keep up with the winch, hand warmers and plow lights, this solved all my problems.

Odyssey Drycell Batteries

These batteries are the bomb, drycell so no maintenence and you dont have to worry about spilling anything. Also they are military grade and where the stock battery would die after a few cranks below 15F the Odyessy will crank the V2 over until my starter burns out. I got mine for $89.95 local and I got the PC680MJ. Best mod Ive done so far.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AC650V2GUY
I know its an old thread but I had the same problem when plowing that the stock battery was junk and couldnt keep up with the winch, hand warmers and plow lights, this solved all my problems.

Odyssey Drycell Batteries

These batteries are the bomb, drycell so no maintenence and you dont have to worry about spilling anything. Also they are military grade and where the stock battery would die after a few cranks below 15F the Odyessy will crank the V2 over until my starter burns out. I got mine for $89.95 local and I got the PC680MJ. Best mod Ive done so far.
Thx for the update...I was wondering about the price and quality. You answered both....looks like one of those will be my next battery.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Wink

HEY my old thread!

THE PC680 is a great battery from what I've heard, and I'm still looking/considering swapping out my 2 bat system. But the $90+ cost and the fact I can't buy it locally has me dragging my feet.

But admittedly I've "dismantled" the 2 bat set-up cause the rear bat kept getting soaked with mud & water this spring, & I've "reconfigured" the TRV for summer riding so the extra juice isn't needed.

If/when the factory bat craps out, or the temps drop, I'll decide then.

Attached Thumbnails BIGGER Battery? Or run 2 Together?-bat2.jpg  

Quick Reply: BIGGER Battery? Or run 2 Together?