Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC WARRANTY

I have an 09 T-CAT which i bought in september. It came with a 6 month warranty and a winch. While at my dealers the other day i notice he is now advertising a winch and 2 year warranty. I am wondering if anyone else has had issues like this. I called AC this morning and they are going to see what they can do for me. Am i kicking a dead horse here?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default AC WARRANTY

I have an '08 TRV that I bought in July. I went w/the 2yr warranty option instead of the winch only to discover that it ran CONCURENT w/AC's 6month factory warranty. - DOUGH! - 18months left.

I had an oil leak I took in to be fixed "under" warranty (dealer knew about it in DEC but I couldn't get it in till last wk) only to discover that I had to pay the ENTIRE bill of $54! He didn't put it under AC's bumper-bumper - expired - so I figured NP, use my extended warranty. - NOPE.

My deductible was $50 and my dealer said they couldn't submit a claim for $4! It wasn't the overall $$$ - just the "principle of it"

Oh the seal was $1.85. - Live & learn & needless to say I WASN'T impressed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I'll fix my machine myself now, and take the winch option w/my next Cat.

IMHP - Be VERY WARY of ANY extended warranty plan. - too many conditions and loopholes.

RED THEME

Old 02-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

hey I just bought a 2007 650 H1 not even a month ago with a 2 year warranty,but when i was looking for arctic cats i found this one dealer and the brand new machines were marked down in price alot but it said they came with a 6 month warrenty so i was like hmmm. so i went to my local arctic cat dealer to see if he will match the price and he said he cant because the one with the 6 month warrenty arnt brand new. he said no matter what if there brand new you will get a 2 year warrenty so he said the other dealer is selling used machines that he turned back the miles or they are salvage titles.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

so if you didnt buy it brand new it has a 6 month warrenty but if you did buy it new you should have had a 2 year warrenty.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

Thats what i told my dealer and of course he passed the buck to AC. I really don't think its fair the way when you question them they just juggle you back and forth.09 T-CAT

Old 02-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

This might be my only option, an extended warr. which i know has several problems.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

can i ask what happened to your machine?

Old 02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default AC WARRANTY

I had an oil seal let go stator shaft on the left side where the pull start goes (if I had one)
I was a little surprised/dissapointed that my TRV had only 600 miles on it, and that the dealer told me the cold weaher was to blame. I have my TRV plugged in and stored in my cold storage shed. And I used AC's synthetic oil at 300 miles. (5W50). I also let the machine warm-up before using it to push snow. (and I've pushed alot...)
Soooo...........I'm putting AMSOIL 0W40 and a K&N621 filter in this wkend.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default AC WARRANTY

andrewallen, i just bought a new 07 650h1 for an extremley discounted price(almost half of a new one) and it also came with just the 6 month warranty regardless of the the new promotions.i looked into this and found that artic cat sells what they call special service quads which are for the most part factory holdovers(left over stock)some are buy backs from floorplans and closed out dealerships.mine was brand new in factory sealed crate,only diff. was the 6 month warranty and huge price diff.
your dealer is either misinformed or feading u **** to make the sale.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

I have'nt had any issues yet but we both know that when the warranty is up you can guarantee that stuff will start breaking, at least that's the way my luck goes.09T-CAT

Quick Reply: AC WARRANTY