Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Cat Videos and Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2001, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went riding today with my folks and girlfriend/wife(depends on which one of us you ask). We are all teachers and it was a four day weekend. Got the new Triton SL8 trailer Saturday and the rest was history after we hooked it up to my dad's quad cab. I barrowed the new digital camera and stuff from work and took it with me. I've posted the pictures and videos I took on our 400 and 500 cats! Good weather, mud, sand, and stuff like that. I hope you guys enjoy. Go to http://lonestar.texas.net/~eeyore/atvhomepage.html

Dakota R/T

Old 02-19-2001, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Dakotart:
Hey, great pics man! Those videos are really cool, like the sound in there too, that's neat how you did that. And, judging by the laughter in one of the video's, sounds like you guys are having a great time too! I just got back from a quick (long) day trip up to my property and back for gathering more logs. It's a four hour drive one way up there, and snowing to beat hell all the way back-at 2:00 a.m., it made for a long day. Didn't get any pics this trip as I was by myself, and the snow was now waste-deep, so I had a hard enough time finding logs and getting the work done. Did really enjoy taking the 'Cat out for the first time after my drowning incident, and was happy to see that she was raring to go. We made about 7 trips out dragging logs and hauling others at the same time, so it was a good trip. I'll try to get some pics of the log working up as soon as I finish the next two projects.

Anyway, take care and enjoy those sunny Texas days down there-send a few up this way if you get a chance! heh heh heh, Have a good one!

Mike

Old 02-19-2001, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

I'll send you one of those 110 degree summer days. We enjoy riding for fun right now. I'll have to get back to work shortly. We own about 850 acres on two seperate peices so it's a ton of work to keep things like cows, fences, and water going just right. Take care up there and I'll keep posting!

Dakota R/T

Old 02-19-2001, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

Since I'm a big NASCAR fan, I've been rather gloomy since last evening. Your videos & pics did bring a smile to my face though. Looks like you all had a blast, good family fun together. Keep the pics & videos coming.

I haven't even taken the plow off the front of my Cat since some time in December. All work & no play makes Lance a grumpy old man!!!!

Later

Old 02-19-2001, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

Lance:
You're not kidding about it being a very sad day yesterday. One of the sports all time greatest drivers/hero's paid his dues. He has always been/will be one of my favorite Nascar drivers, very sorry to hear about the tragedy that took place yesterday. I guess to look on the bright side, he went out doing what he loved, and he must have a smile on his face looking down and seeing his other two cars taking the 1 and 2 spots. I guess if you look at it that way, he was rather lucky then, and I can only hope that when my time comes, I can go in a similar manner, doing what I love.

Best wishes to the Earnhardt family, God Bless You.

Mike

Old 02-19-2001, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

thats cool looks like you had some fun, to cold here for that tipe of fun all water froze. praying for spring

Old 02-19-2001, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

It's a two hour drive back to San Antonio and everyone in the truck could only talk about the crash, what will happen to NASCAR, and how different NASCAR will be now. My parents don't follow racing but I do and it's the first time I've sen my mom cry because I was so upset about the accident. I honestly don't know if I'll watch much more. I only followed the black #3.

Old 02-19-2001, 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Same happened to me with golf after Payne Stewarts plane crash. I rarely even watch it anymore. Can't say I was a fan of Big E. Ever since he put Labonte in the wall to win Bristol in 98, I haven't cared for him much, but this is definitely a tragic loss. Probably the biggest hit on the south since the civil war. Thats not really a joke either.

Old 02-20-2001, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

Last year I spent a great deal of money (for me anyways) & bought Club level seat licenses at the new track here in KC. Sunday evening I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with them because I was not going to watch racing anymore. I wasn't a big fan of the 3 car for a long time, but in the last couple of years, he had grown on me. I honestly think he was mellowing a little & he started to let out a little of his hidden compassion for others and let it show to the public & fans. Helping out & racing with Jr. probably contributed a lot to this. I think he was out of character those last 5 laps or so. I mentioned to my wife with 2 laps to go that I've never seen Dale block like that before when normally he would be fighting his way back to the front going for a victory. He really wanted either Dale Jr. or Mike Waltrip to have the great pleasure & excitement of winning that race. Unfortunately, Mike didn't get to enjoy his first victory.

After a couple of days of mourning, I've come to the conclusion that I'll probably continue being a race fan, It just won't be the same for a long while.

Lance