Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t-cat speed
Hey Yammy I found a computer for the t-cat I just have to go back through my history to find it. You we're saying you might have found a filter from UNI. I used to use those when I raced motocross and they worked awesome. I have the speedwerx pipe and clutch kit as you know in my bike and I swear by them but it is personal preferance. I find the speedwerx kit gives you a few different options. Also I will be talking to my mechanic today and will ask him about your oil issue.
ARCTIC CAT 1000 THUNDERCAT UNI AIR FILTER 08-09 on eBay.ca (item 290353121937 end time 23-Dec-09 10:22:18 EST)

There is a link to order the Uni filter
If you send along your email address I will send you my pics I took of my air filter, where there oil is and what it looks like

Old 11-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Banned

And I def want to see the computer you found!
I will be checking into that 4 sure!
You were lucky to find it as I have been looking and looking and havent come across them yet

Old 11-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Yammy I found that site, punch in POWER COMMANDER FOR 09 THUNDERCAT ATV and it will bring up the module itself. Price is 249.99, i am sure that is American but who cares as long as it works.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Banned

Finally!

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat-1613.jpg   Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat-1657.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Banned

So I guess the commander V is the first step ($349.99usd)
And then purchase the autotune later on? ($249.99usd)

Old 11-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Banned

Well here is some info right from the company
I contacted them for further info

The Power Commander is a fuel tuning platform that will readjust your air/fuel ratio to achieve optimum mixtures. Think of it as a digital way to rejet your fuel injection.

The auto-tune kit is an accessory to the Power Commander that allows the Power Commander to be able to analyze the exhaust gases to see actual air/fuel ratio and self-adjust to achieve optimum mixture as you ride.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer

Are you gonna go for it or are you gonna wait for something that is race ready?

Old 11-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned

Are you gonna go for it or are you gonna wait for something that is race ready?
If nothing else comes out throughout the winter I will probably go for it
But it wont be for several months

After I get my HMF XL installed, I have to get my winch, front and rear HD bumpers and clutch kit...I am also getting my racks powdercoated and I have to get a rear seat for the wife when we go on the rallies!
So my money is tied up for a bit LMAO!

But after all that I would like to try out the PC/V to see how it performs, and it might be down in price by then as well

I also want to get the complete Arctic Cat QUICK ATTACH Plow to play with haha

Old 11-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Trailblazer

I was wondering if you we're gonna plow with it. I have a 60" Kimpex qiuck release on mine. I do alot of radar in the winter on the lake here which is only a mile from my place and the track I plow is 3000' long and 50' across. I have to put chains on the rear to do the first go but after that it plows with no problem. I also do our driveway of course which is about 70 yards long. The only issue I have with this plow is it has 2 cables which run underneath which you pull for the quick disconnect and the sometimes ice up which causes the plow to come loose. I went out to the guy I bought it from and he came up with a cotter pin system which eliminates that problem.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Banned

I was wondering if you we're gonna plow with it. I have a 60" Kimpex qiuck release on mine. I do alot of radar in the winter on the lake here which is only a mile from my place and the track I plow is 3000' long and 50' across. I have to put chains on the rear to do the first go but after that it plows with no problem. I also do our driveway of course which is about 70 yards long. The only issue I have with this plow is it has 2 cables which run underneath which you pull for the quick disconnect and the sometimes ice up which causes the plow to come loose. I went out to the guy I bought it from and he came up with a cotter pin system which eliminates that problem.
Is it the quick release from Arctic Cat
I wasnt aware of the cables that run underneath
I was also looking at the Swisher system, but I cant find a place that sells the blades
I know Canadian tires has the complete mount (that ataches to the ball on the 2" receiver)...I have to check and see if its more than 61" from 2" in front of the front tires to the ball hole (and I would assumer it is) as I would need the extension kit
Have you heard anything about the Swisher system?
What other systems are any good?
I always have tried to stay away from the mounts that go underneath your floorboards like the normal kit from Arctic Cat as they arnt very strong and tend to bend...
Thats why I was looking at the quick attach and the Swisher

Quick Reply: Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat