Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some pics of my possible air filter issue?

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat-img_1578.jpg   Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat-img_1579.jpg   Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat-img_1580.jpg   Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat-img_1581.jpg   Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat-img_1582.jpg  

Old 11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer

After looking at your oil issue Yammy I have a queston. Have you at all wiped that or is that the most you've had? I believe a bit is not uncommon,however I guess you don't want any. I spoke with my mechanic and he advised me that the vent tube will occasionally spit some up when cold starting and it is from the crankcase vent tube. He says not to worry,hope this helps.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by t-cat speed
After looking at your oil issue Yammy I have a queston. Have you at all wiped that or is that the most you've had? I believe a bit is not uncommon,however I guess you don't want any. I spoke with my mechanic and he advised me that the vent tube will occasionally spit some up when cold starting and it is from the crankcase vent tube. He says not to worry,hope this helps.
That all that was there and I just left it until I got some feedback on it as I didnt know if there should be a bit there or none
I never wiped it up at all
That what is in the pics is what has been there since I purchased it
So I guess next nice day I will clean it all up and see if anymore appears

Old 11-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned

What kind of mod did you do to your air intake?
As I said previously it looks like a poor setup with very little available air flow (stock), especially when putting tha plastic cover back over the filter which to me doesnt seem like it could suck much air after that???

Old 11-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer

K first thing I need to know is if you do alot of mudding because if so this mod will not work. All I did Yammy is drill some holes to move more air, I uesd a 1/2 inch bit and drilled four holes. Another thing to note is I am hoping your dealer can bend a bit if and that is a big if you have any trouble. I have almost 1200miles on mine without issue so I would bet yours will act identical.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned

K first thing I need to know is if you do alot of mudding because if so this mod will not work. All I did Yammy is drill some holes to move more air, I uesd a 1/2 inch bit and drilled four holes. Another thing to note is I am hoping your dealer can bend a bit if and that is a big if you have any trouble. I have almost 1200miles on mine without issue so I would bet yours will act identical.
I wonder if you could clamp a smaller K&N filter to the TB Opening and leave the cover completely off?
Just depends on how much room is under that storage compartment
Of course you could always remove that storge compartment too as the cover would still function
I dont do any mudding, just now and then on the trails and none of it is hardcore
There are so many different sized filters...The first thing would be to measure the TB opening to see if one could be purchased to put on over it and clamp it on

http://www.dynoman.net/images/carbs/...rs/RC-0984.jpg

http://www.sudco.com/images/kn.gif

I found an ebay store that has the Power Commander V for $335USD including shipping and no tax

Old 11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Trailblazer

It's ironic that you mention the K&N mod because the mechanic here is gonna try to make a K&N off of a Yamaha SRX or VIPER sled.I think I am gonna see how that works and maybe give it a shot.I really don't use my storage box anyway so I am not so concerned if it has to go. Also I am gonna wait and see if a tuner becomes available that is race ready. If you remember from before I put a hotter plug in mine with good results. The plugs I use areCPR7EA-9.I recommend you try them.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned

It's ironic that you mention the K&N mod because the mechanic here is gonna try to make a K&N off of a Yamaha SRX or VIPER sled.I think I am gonna see how that works and maybe give it a shot.I really don't use my storage box anyway so I am not so concerned if it has to go. Also I am gonna wait and see if a tuner becomes available that is race ready. If you remember from before I put a hotter plug in mine with good results. The plugs I use areCPR7EA-9.I recommend you try them.
Let me know how that works out
I am going to measure the opening next time I have it apart and see what I can come up with as well
I should be able to pick those up at Canadian tire perhaps?
Ebay has them for $4 each
What kind of results did you observe when you changed them?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

It is hard to tell,I wasn't there when he did it so I never got a chance to actually try it. I am hoping to this weekend and will be sure to let you know. Hey did you see that youtube video with the T-CAT with the turbo?? WOW!!!!