Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2007 Articcat 700 EFI 4x4 Auto

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 05:22 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eat_a_Fladito
oh i am fairly certain that it will shift on the fly, however it will do damage to the drive train....somewhere online i read a professional review of this machine and it stated "like most other atv's you have to stop to put it in 4w drive"
Like most ATVs? I ride a Polaris Sporstman 500 my friend rides a Yamaha 660 Grizzly and the other a Honda 500 Foreman. ALL of which states in the in there manual you can turn 4wd on and of on the fly. Really I think there are not many that you have to stop to do it.

Are you sure you don.t mean AWD diff lock? I know any ATV with the diff lock option has to come to a full stop to engage it.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by TLC
Like most ATVs? I ride a Polaris Sporstman 500 my friend rides a Yamaha 660 Grizzly and the other a Honda 500 Foreman. ALL of which states in the in there manual you can turn 4wd on and of on the fly. Really I think there are not many that you have to stop to do it.

Are you sure you don.t mean AWD diff lock? I know any ATV with the diff lock option has to come to a full stop to engage it.
no, it's definitely the 4wd...i was just at the ac dealer today to tell them i didn't want the 07' model b/c you can't shift on the fly....they were like "oh, ok"....

now i am looking at a AC 08 700 se or a AC 09' 700...but i hear that the 08' 700 has a pin in the spyder gear in the front differential that can fall out causing the front wheels to lock....grrr....i research too much on the internet....my gf and my best friend are telling me that i research/procrastinate too much and that i should just go buy one !

Old 08-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

ive read about the pin myself. So far with 1,000 miles on mine ,it has not broke yet. Is the 07 and the 08 700 model different in the front end? i thought they were the same. Mine being an 08 shifts into 4wd with no problem n the fly. Of course i havent done it at speeds higher than 10mph though and released the throttle for that moment just to be sure it wont break anything. same with taking it out. But you do need to be stopped for the diff lock.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

i shifted on the fly quite a few times with no problems. never broke anything. all i can say is just buy the damn thing already lol.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

well i just got back from the arctic cat dealer....i decided to go with the 08' 700se....i thought i would take advantage of that 1.9% financing....well i guess that's only for people with the best credit......i was stunned when he called me back to tell me i am approved....BUT.....

at almost 4x what my APR is on my mortgage !!!!!!

i financed a new truck about 5 years ago when i had BAD credit.....the APR AC is offering me is like 5 to 6% higher than that awful APR i got back then !!!! I have improved me credit tremndously....my mortgage is only 5%....wtf ?????

looks like i might have to go yamaha or see how i can get this thing financed elsewhere

Old 08-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer

scratch everything....i just dealt with AC financing then the dealer who dealt with financing, and now they are going to finance me @ 1.9%....but now i am second guessing which machine to buy....lol

Old 08-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

well...i finally made the decision....i ended up getting an 08' 700 SE brand new out of the crate

i know others have gotten better deals but around here that's a decent price....

2008 Arctic Cat 700 H1 EFI 4x4 Automatic SE Information Troy Arctic Cat

Old 08-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

well let me be the first to say on here, congrats on your brand new fourwheeler. if you need help setting the throttle positioning sensor either ask me or mudslingingfool. it is a fun fourwheeler.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by weez440
well let me be the first to say on here, congrats on your brand new fourwheeler. if you need help setting the throttle positioning sensor either ask me or mudslingingfool. it is a fun fourwheeler.
thanks for the congrats....

i have a lot to learn not only about this machine but 4-wheelers in general....what exactly do i have to do to the throttle positioning sensor...

Old 08-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

You may not have to do anything to the sensor,but there is an easy way to check it. Its simple to do if it needs it. If your atv dies or cuts out real bad while driving,but starts up without a problem then your sensor will most likely need adjusted. just ask to find out how to do it. congrats on the wheeler!

Quick Reply: 2007 Articcat 700 EFI 4x4 Auto