Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2007 Articcat 700 EFI 4x4 Auto

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Articcat 700 EFI 4x4 Auto

I am in the process if buying my first atv.....the local dealer has this machine brand new with a free winch for $6743.....

is this a good price?

can anyone comment on the positives and negatives of this machine?

how does it do in the trails ?

also, does a bigger motor help you get through big mudholes easier ?

thanks

Old 08-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

Its a great machine. The 700 in that year has a suzuki engine. I think hes asking a little too much personally. Its almost or is 4 yrs old, i bought mine for 6,800 in sept 2008(its a 2008 camo model) with a 2 yr warranty. heres my thought,and its just an example,if you were sell an atv that you bought 4 years ago and say you put 6 miles on it, (mine had 12 miles from the dealer and was considered new)the dealer would say its used and ill only give you 3,000.00. You can argue all you want saying "its only got 6 miles on it though,blah blah". In my eyes its insulting for a dealer to ask 6700.00 for an atv thats 4 yrs. old. If he wants to sell it hes gonna have to take a loss or for what he bought it for,You and/or I would have to take a loss if it were us trying to sell it. By the way,milage doesnt matter on an atv. What shape its in,and age is what matters. Blue book price list is $5,008.00 with the winch. Im not saying he needs to lose big time here i understand hes got to make money as well and technically it is still new,so if it were me id deal with him on it. Hes not telling you,but he wants it off his floor asap,it just costs him more and more money the longer it sits. Hey, i may be wrong on all this but the way i see things seem to get me really good deals and sometimes i win,sometimes i loose. good luck

Old 08-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for that info mud.....what about the bigger engine ? does it help you get through mud holes easier say than a 500cc ?

Old 08-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

Its mostly tires and ground clearance,then a good 4wd system that gets you through the mud. Ive also got an outlander 500,but the 4wd sytem on that is more like 3wd drive so its not as good,plus it has stock tires. But, yes typically a bigger motor helps to get through the mud as the motor has more power to spin the tires. On a side note, and this info. is from another forum,my 500 outlander has 40.4 horsepower,as the arctic cat 700 has 41.4 and both are fuel injection. 200cc different but only 1hp difference. so bigger is not always better.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:28 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

does a bigger motor help you get through big mudholes easier ?
Yes,it gives you the ability to go deeper and further before getting stuck. LOL

my 500 outlander has 40.4 horsepower,as the arctic cat 700 has 41.4
That is true but the 700 will make its 40hp at a much lower rpm,thats what they call "torque" its measured in ft lbs. and the 700 has much more of it.

A 1300 Harleys only makes 70hp and a 600 rice rockets can make 120hp, but the Harley will take off from a stop in 3rd gear by just slowly rolling on the throttle were the Rice rocket would need to be red lined and pop the clutch to do it. Why? because the 70hp Harley has gobs of "Torgue" over the 120hp 600.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

hey TLC,you should read the thread" 188 ft lbs of torque". i was trying to explain the whole torque vs horsepower last night. Please feel free to help explain the situation. i agree,the 700 has much more torque than the 500 without a doubt. It was getting late and i just didnt get completely into it. i just tried to break it down.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

this spring i bought an 08 700 efi brand new for 5500. and mud the 4wd system you are referring to on your bombardier is what i like to call the one wheel wonder 4wd system. and yes torque will help you get through a mudhole. if you have 32 inch tires on a 1000 cc and a 500 which one will be able to spin and clean the tires?

Old 08-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by mudslinginfool
Its a great machine. The 700 in that year has a suzuki engine. I think hes asking a little too much personally. Its almost or is 4 yrs old, i bought mine for 6,800 in sept 2008(its a 2008 camo model) with a 2 yr warranty. heres my thought,and its just an example,if you were sell an atv that you bought 4 years ago and say you put 6 miles on it, (mine had 12 miles from the dealer and was considered new)the dealer would say its used and ill only give you 3,000.00. You can argue all you want saying "its only got 6 miles on it though,blah blah". In my eyes its insulting for a dealer to ask 6700.00 for an atv thats 4 yrs. old. If he wants to sell it hes gonna have to take a loss or for what he bought it for,You and/or I would have to take a loss if it were us trying to sell it. By the way,milage doesnt matter on an atv. What shape its in,and age is what matters. Blue book price list is $5,008.00 with the winch. Im not saying he needs to lose big time here i understand hes got to make money as well and technically it is still new,so if it were me id deal with him on it. Hes not telling you,but he wants it off his floor asap,it just costs him more and more money the longer it sits. Hey, i may be wrong on all this but the way i see things seem to get me really good deals and sometimes i win,sometimes i loose. good luck
boy mud, i tell ya i've been researching atv's now for a bit, and it seems like this 07' AC 700 is one of the better deals around here.....it looks like you got a super deal imo....other options for me are a 10' or an 11' sportsman 500 (with a carb though) for $6000 with no winch..., or a 09' AC 550 EFI for $6600 with no winch.....

i was looking at EPS but this is my first quad and i am wondering if i really need all the bells and whistles....the local yamaha dealer asked me what i had for a first vehicle....i told him a 79 malibu....he asked me if it had, pw, pl, etc....of course it didnt....so do i really need EPS if i never had it ? i am trying to keep my monthly payments reasonable.....with that 07' AC i can get financing at only 1.9% APR.....yamaha can give me a 11' 550 EPS FI for 7300....I am waiting to hear if he can get any older models and what kind of financing with them.....

i test drove the 700 and i did like how it took off out of the hole....what should this noob do ???? my gf just bought a 05' ac 400 and i think it rides awesome....also we are kind of in the boonies, and the AC dealer is only 5 minutes from my house.....the Polaris dealer is at least an hour and a half round trip......what if i need parts? arghhhh !!! %&^%^&#^$ HELP !!! lol

Old 08-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

nobody can answer that question for you but yourself really. how good your local dealer is can be a big deciding factor and how close they are. as for parts if you fix your atv yourself then the internet is your best friend for buying parts.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer

can anyone tell me how does this machine fares in the trails ?

Quick Reply: 2007 Articcat 700 EFI 4x4 Auto