Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

howdy

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent you an answer but it did'nt register for some reason. I would'nt have said it if I did'.t mean it.Go to www.HuntingDigest.com. They have all the regs on their site.Just pick the state you want.
Jim

Old 03-08-2001, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the Pride, IdahoCatMan! I'm just a short drive from you, down in Pullman, Washington. It's about an hour south of Spokane. I've got a buddy over in Moscow who owns the weight room I lift at, who's from St. Maries, born and raised I believe, you'd probably know him.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys all brought up the elk hunting bit. My deer hunting partner and I are planning to go to Idaho this coming season for a deer, elk combo hunt if we can swing them both. Waco4whlr, Dakotart-if you guys do come up this way, definately give me a hollar, I'd trailer my 'Cats out that way too, we could all get together for a ride/great elk hunt. Just imagine your 4 'Cats, combined with my two, and minehunters as well, all loaded with elk, now that would be a sight!

Best of riding, summer's coming!

Mike

Old 03-08-2001, 09:24 AM
Trailblazer

Hey mike; I know where you are down there,I worked at the ZOO before retirement. I worked in science hall.
Jim

Old 03-08-2001, 10:44 AM
Range Rover

IDAHOCATMAN:
Good morning from the great Lone Star State. I hope when I said "don't offer if you don't want us to come" you didn't take that wrong. I meant it in a good way because I really do think some of us down here might come. What region of the state do you live in? Is it the panhandle? Thanks for the website it was really helpful, but what region will you hunt in or would we hunt in, if for some reason we all got together? Looking at the best way to get to you so I'll wait to hear from you.

Dakotart:
Very small world! Maybe we'll see each other in Idaho this fall.

Old 03-08-2001, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

The girlfriend/wife gave me permission as long as I work summer school to pay for it and the wedding!! Do you think I'll need something bigger than a 7mm Mag? I may need to talk to TEXASCAT. He showed me a Tank shell when I met him(maybe it was just a 335). I can definetly make a trip. I'm definetly interested now. Make sure we keep in touch because I love the sounds of this little adventure. Once again it was nice to hear from everyone. I don't see this type of comraderly in the other forums.

Dakota R/T

Old 03-08-2001, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

Morning;I live in the panhandle, about 150 miles south of Canada.I have a spot picked out for this year that the elk have been using as a hiway. Can get to it on the wheelers a number of ways. I'm going to talk to a land owner and see if he will let us go through his property.It's about a mile from my house (as the crow flies) two miles if we can go through Monty's, seven if we go around the block.What caliber do you plan on using for elk. SOMETIMES THEY GO DOWN HARD.I am not set up for many guest, so you might think of a tent, camper and such.
Jim

Old 03-08-2001, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer

7 mag is perfect. Don't go with a heavy bullet,150-160 is plenty. I use a 7-08 or 308 to give you an example.
JIM

Old 03-08-2001, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

IDAHOCATMAN:
A tent or a camper is fine with me as long as I can borrow a little electricity or buy it doesn't matter. I have a 7mm STW. Bigger than a 7mag, but a little smaller than 300 win mag. Shoot a 160 grain bullet. What kind of temperatures are we talking about? If it's too cold, I'd prefer to leave the tent at home. What do you think is the best way to get to Idaho,If we do come? I was looking at the Idaho Fish & Game site and what is the difference between an A & B tag? Also, when do you think is the best time to go hunting?

Old 03-08-2001, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

OK guys. Expedia.com says it's 2035 miles and 36 hours from my door to St Maries. Figure on about 550 dollars for gas round trip, I've got camping supplies, food and drink, and truck maintence. I can do it. camping sounds great. waco4whlr, you sound as gun ho as I am. I'm going to look into some other travel options like flying/car rental just to see if that would maximize our travel fun. idahocatman, if this works out you get my vote for "cool dude of the year award". Even if it doesn't work you are still an great guy. waco4whlr and cowboy, lets do this!

Dakota R/T

Old 03-08-2001, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

Waco.Temps change pretty fast at times.Middle OF Oct.To Nov. can be anything.Snowed in Sept. last year during bow season,bring rain and cold wheather.Should be mild, but you never know. B tag is what you want,deer season opens 1st of Nov to Dec.1st.Don't know if you wanted to hunt deer or not.
Jim

Quick Reply: howdy