Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

howdy

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 10:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello: Name is Jim, I live in northen Idaho,married with 7 kids (39 to 7) 17 grand kids(20 to 7) and one great grand child (2). I'm 57, retired. love to hunt-shoot-reload and ride my AC 500 man.We live in the mountains at 4,000 ft. thirty miles south of ST.Maries. For you ELK lovers!we have to fence them out,got some nice bulls that show up with their ladies.My cat ia a 2.000 500 stock,warn 2,000-gun racks 2 meter ham radio (gotta be able to call for help)
JIM

Old 03-07-2001, 01:39 PM
Range Rover

Howdy, Welcome to the pride. My name is Kyle, and i live a LONG way from you down in Texas. Here you have some great deer and elk. What would a guy from Texas have to do to go hunting in your neck of the woods? Are you able to hunt using your cat and do you have to go on foot?

Old 03-07-2001, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, I'll drive waco4whler. IDAHOCATMAN can we pleeeease come and visit? I love Texas but I can't find any elk down here. I don't have any kids or I would offer to mow your yard or something like that. I am a good mechanic and engine man. I'm an "almost" engaged 25 year-old math teacher so I could tutor. I'm glad to hear you like the cat. I love our 2 cats.

Dakota R/T

Old 03-07-2001, 03:17 PM
Trailblazer

I would swap hunts with you! I could offer Deer, Turkey, or Quail/Phesant hunting in Northern Missouri on 5000 acres of privately leased ground. Let me know if you are interested!

Welcome to the clan!

Old 03-07-2001, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

One thing about Idaho, and it's agood thing at times and a bad thing at times, is that 75% of Idaho is gov't land. Most places you hunt, you don't have to pay for a lease or tresspass fees. The out of state tags are a bit pricey. I hunt Deer, Bear, and Elk. Using my cat to get me close to the hunting areas and then doing the rest on foot. Of course you see a lot of road hunters on their ATV's and in their pickups. It's not legal to do but!!! Fish and game has a policy in most parts of the state that will let you take your ATV off trail between the hours of 10:00 am and 2:00PM for game retrieval.
Up where the Idahocatman lives, I have hunted that area and it is beautiful. Some places to the east of him are steep with a capital steep, but great hunting none the less.
BTW Idahocatman, I'm y2kautocat in the AC mudden

Old 03-07-2001, 04:40 PM
Range Rover

O.K. dakotart, just drive up here to waco and we'll load up the cats and be gone! That is if Jim doesn't mind us lending a little Texas hospitality to the great state of Idaho. By the way, my in-laws live just west of New Braunfels off of Highway 46, so the cat will be in your neck of the woods in the not so distant future.

Minehunter: Just tell us where you live and we'll reserve your cat a spot on the trailer. Stop by and pick you up and we'll all go visit Jim and help him with his elk problem.

Old 03-07-2001, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys come on up.I'm married to an east Texas gal, got a nephew that is principal in new braunsfel, his name is Steve Lindsay. I'm on medical retirement and can use the cat for hunting, Idaho has a law for the handicaped, can hunt and shoot from the road. No place around here that you can't get to on 4.The gate have a means of getting around legaly. Licenese cost is spendy and can't say you will get an elk but it's fun trying. The boy and I are going to do a lot of scouting this summer, they are everywhere!just gotta be in the right spot at the right time.
Jim

Old 03-07-2001, 06:50 PM
Range Rover

IDAHOCATMAN:
Don't offer if you don't really want us guys from Texas to come because I have a feeling we will. I have an aunt who is a principal in the New Branufels school district. Her name is Barbara Doeppenschmidt.(Dep-en-schmidt) Small world.
When is hunting season and what is the cost for out of state hunters? Do they have a rifle and bow season? I'm not a bow hunter so usually we get second shot. Do they let you rifle hunt during the rut or is it over before you can hunt with a rifle? We will definitely bring the cats, boy wouldn't that be a sight. Four big cats hauling out four big elK. WOW!

Old 03-07-2001, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Really small world. My almost wife is a doing her student teaching in New Braunfels (unicorns)and knows those people. Way cool! Now I really want to go! We hunt on our own land of about 800 acres in jackson county and another 200 acres in Bastrop county. Nice places that my grand parents left my dad when they died about 8 years ago. I enjoy going out and just watching or hunting. Talk to you guys later!

E-mail me eeyore@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~eeyore/atvhomepage.html

Dakota R/T

Old 03-07-2001, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

GSPman;Thanks but I don't travel. If you come up this way Ican show where you might be able to connect. Thats about all I can do. Sorry.
Jim

Quick Reply: howdy