Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Kiddie Cat

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped by the local dealer today, it's a fun place to visit and talk about ATVing. Anyway I asked what AC had on the horizon as far as new things coming out. The dealer says that AC is coming out with a 90cc ATV for kids. She said she didn't know about a 400 auto, but stated that there may be 300 auto in the works with the subtrannys and differential lock. She stated that is to the best of her knowledge that is what AC has planned ,b ut she and her husband will find out more at the next convention or whatever it's called in July.

Old 03-08-2001, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

A little 90cc, that would be cool! My boy loves riding around on my big 500, but at 2 1/2, he can't really drive it that well yet! Heh heh heh, that little 90 might be the ticket in a few years???

How's the weather down there? Starting to rain up here now, getting pretty ugly. Best of luck with your big ride this weekend, hope it all works out well for you guys. Hello to Retreaver too if you get a chance, I didn't quite get that queen finished, so I've got to stay up here and get that done this weekend.

Anyway, hope you guys have a great time!

Mike

Old 03-08-2001, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey minehunter,I heard the same thing about the 90cc at a local dealer also. Said AEON was making them for AC and would be around$2000. Didn,t say if they would have a helmet /tape offer like Polaris does. Said they should be in around in the fall.
Does anyone know if the ATV Trade Show/ Convention will be on line? Also if AC will have anything on their web site?
Well as always please drive carefully........ ......Cookieman.

Old 03-09-2001, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Cowboy, iwas just thinking about letting you know we post poned this weekends ride due to weather. Will let you know when we reschedule. good luck with your bed. Let me know where you are going to ride next weekend , maybe I can make that one.

Old 03-09-2001, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

TheRetreaver:
Hey, sorry about the delay, just saw this one. Yeah, I was sorry to hear about the weather turning bad and ruining your ride down there. Minehunter had said it was getting bad down there, I kind of figured nobody would want to ride in the rain when it's still cold like this. I don't mind riding around in a nice warm rain, but cold-no way, I'll wait for a better day.

As for next weekend, I'll be down around the Newberg, Oregon area, somewhere around Tigard and Portland I believe-close to there anyway. I'm riding with GrizzRick and a few of his buddies, which sounds like it's going to be a great trip. How far is Portland from your place? I'm not exactly sure where Newberg is, other than it's fairly close to Portland. Anyway, the riding is about a half hour from Ricks place, so we'll spend all day saturday and a good bit of sunday on the trails. Rick was telling me about a place called the Flying M Ranch where we'll stop for dinner. I guess you can ride your four wheelers right up to the hitchin' post, head on in to the lodge. The bar is a huge log that's been ripped down the center, lots of big beams, and deer, elk, bear and cougar mounts all over. Not only does it sound like a really cool place, but it's also supposedly a great steakhouse, so it's definately my kind of place!

Anyway, give me a hollar if you get a chance,

Mike

Old 03-12-2001, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

If AEON is making the engine & tranny then its a good unit. AEON also makes engines & tranny for E-ton, Polaris & now Arctic Cat.

We have 600 miles on our E-ton & 1 fouled spark plug. Not to bad, I would rather have these 2 stroke injected engines running on the rich side instead of lean.