Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Any 2010-11 700 issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

checked the tps,and yes its a new plug. Im picking it up next week. I called my dealer to see if they were up for a challenge and they are happy to have the service. My dealer knows me well ,so i know ill be taken care of. I was reading on arctic cats sight yesterday and it states that if a dealer feels that a problem with an atv should not have happened,and no abusing the machine. They (the dealer) can submit this issue to CAT and possibly be taken care of even out of warranty. Or help on the costs. so we'll see what happens

Old 01-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

Have they check the valves? How about the air intake sensor or map sensor?

Old 01-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

not the valves, they said they checked all sensors,replaced them with new ones from a new bike(that runs) and my parts still worked on the new bike. Its almost gotta be the main wiring harness. Maybe some wires are cut or grounded. If all the parts checked ok and they REALLY did check them,then thats about the only other thing to do. They said Arctic cat told them to change it,but the questioned it due to so much time involved and dont wanna do it unless they know that its the problem. Im not so sure they checked the fuel pump,maybe not enough pressure?? You can hear it come on.

I appreciate your help and concern savageman69. I normally do my repairs(i like to know whats being done and how its done) but since im 1300 miles from home and no tools,i cant.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

go to your dealer and buy the code plug. plug into harness by battery under seat and on gauge left side there is 3 lines make sure it is in the middle line. try to adjust it first. if it still acts up my need to replace tps.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

ive tried and they have tried to get codes. Only once a code came up for ignition coil,which they checked and the other code was 99,no start. When the key is turned on,the fuel pump comes on,does the clicking thing and after its all settled down,the pod display is normal. once you hit the start button,it cranks over for about 4 seconds then "efi" comes on. ive only gotten it to start 3 times since the first time it wouldnt start. now its just done,will not start. Dealer said that if they could get it to start one more time they maybe able to pull some codes but it wont.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Trailblazer

That sounds exactly what mine was doing when my air intake sensor wasnt fully plugged in. Make sure they tried a new one and make sure it's plugged in. It's the one at the front of the box you can see it from the right hand side up under from where the wheel is. Sounds exactly like what mine was doing when it was unplugged

Old 01-30-2011, 02:38 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two things I bought an atv from a guy how ran it hard through the mud and messed up the front hubs on the 4x4 so that was my fault. I traded in and got a new x2 like you said and had the clunking noise that was caused by a vine wrapped around a drive shaft, which my the second dealer i went to found for me. I love that you took time to search my post great lufe you have. Second for the poster you have a great dealer that helps you and is on your side stay with them that is worth more than any type of atv

Old 01-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

does your atv have blue smoke coming out of exhaust. I did a compression test on motor and it was low.Pulled cylinder off motor and cylinder look brand new but there was no cross hatch. Honed cylinder and the motor starts all the time now. it was a 700 efi a/c with 700 miles on it. rings did not seat from brand new. the customer was happy. before it would not start all the time. it would run when you got it started.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

no smoke at all. thanks for the reply.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what was the outcome? Get it fixed?

Quick Reply: Any 2010-11 700 issues?