Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Any 2010-11 700 issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any 2010-11 700 issues?

May be looking to buy a new 2011 700 S. curious to know if anyone has had any issues with a 2010 or 2011 model,even non power steering units? My 08 700 has given me enough problems with only 1,200 miles on that i care to wish for. Some small issues,some a little bigger. Im not looking to get out of the cat family as my 2008 is my 3rd cat,i think i may have just gotten a not so good one this time. thanks.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol going to get another atv from the same kind that gave you problems before

Old 01-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by hallj86
^^^ Dont mind the troll he'll be going back under his bridge when it gets dark.

The 2010-2011 700s are very nice, well built and reliable and the power steering is the best on the market. You wont regret one.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

Just b/c 1 out of 3 (and 5 friends with out problems on theirs) gives me a few issues dont mean the rest will. Doing this will eliminate accessories that i already have and will still fit. So yes,ill take my chances. 3 years later,the bugs may be worked out. Thats why im asking if there have been some problems.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

thanks for the reply savageman69.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer

No problem man if you need any more info let me know....im a moderater on 2 other cat forums and ive modded just about every arctic cat atv out there.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

well since you mentioned it, What do you think the problem could be? Heres what i know. My pod has been flashing "volt" every so often for the past 8 months. I never had a problem starting it,then one day it wont start. So i throw a new battery in and it starts,problem solved,for now. later on about 2 months later i take it in to have some springs put in to rev it to a higher RPM for my tracks i have. Its done so i pick it up. no issues. The night i put the voltage regulator on(b/c it still was flashing volt) it decides to not start. dealer checks the code but gets NOTHING. All of the sudden it starts so i figure its just a fluke. So now i drive from st. louis Mo. to montana in hopes to ride a little. Well. it wont start so i take it in and since then,it has not started.( 5 weeks ago) What the dealer said they checked/changed that i know of are: Ecu,battery(new),injector,spark plug,ignition coil,stator (a $500 part),tilt sensor,fuel pump. Thats all i know they checked. And/or swapped out to see if it worked with a new atv. Arctic cat told them to change the wiring harness,but they dont want to b/c too much time involved unless they know thats the problem. They have 8 hrs into it @ $70hr. so im up to $560 and 5 weeks with out it right now,and still dont have a solution to the problem. Any advice i have been given on here from recent posts, i looked at or had them check. Im about done with it. 2008 atvs from arctic cat just dont seem to be a good year. Hell, my welds maybe next to go in the front diff., who knows,but its not a customers responsibility to check or reweld it If a know it all tech designer designed the damn thing,or a welder on the CAT line built it correctly!!!! As i have been told from an old timer, "ALL COLLEGE,NO KNOWLEDGE", theres some truth to that. Rely to much on computers to tell them whats wrong instead of common knowledge of the product they build. if a product is built without a common knowledge of what they built to determine any issues with the product in the future,then they should not built it! Am i right? Its like saying i built a fuel injected atv. Well how does it work? I dont know,all i did was build it....get what im saying?!!! Go back to Harvard! Sorry,but thousands of dollars and hard earned money spent from us customers and buying a product that needs attention is B.S. How about,send your welder back to school!!!! okay im done,so any ideas?!!?

Old 01-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

Practice what you preach,hallj86

Quoted from hallj86
Reverse overide button
I have a 99 sportsman 500 that has been acting up lately. The first problems i noticed was with my kill switch not turning off the atv then the low beams didnt work and now the reverse override button doesnt work. All of these functions go in and out not working all the time is this a connection issue or do i need to get a whole new button assembly?

So adding to my problem with the switch the four wheel drive went out today as i was going over a frozen snow drift and then i dug in. After an hour of digging and trying to get out in 2X4 and several attempts to shut off the atv and restart it hoping the 4x4 would come back, I turned it off with the key only and left the kill switch on then it came back.

So any ideas about what is going on?

Mudslinginfool: Didnt you then buy a NEW polaris 550x2 in March 2010? Then within the 1st 2 weeks have a clunking sound and 3 months later take it in for 2 issues for warranty?

So i ask hallj86, Lol going to get another atv from the same kind that gave you problems?

My point is that EVERY manufacturer has some issues .

Sorry for throwing that out there,but a reply like that and not owning an arctic cat in the 1st place(in hopes you could help with the question) rubbed me wrong and sounded to good to be true.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hallj86

Old 01-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

Have you tried a new spark plug?...Have you reset the throttle postion sensor back to 00. You have to watch that the dealer is just telling you they are trying new parts and arent, dealers are notorious for being bad at fixing them along with knowledge towards them. These 700 suzuki motors are very reliable and very easy to fix. I would get it the heck out of the dealer and try stuff at home. As for the front diff do me and your family a favor and pop the side cover off and take the gear out and weld it. If it blows while your doing a high rate of speed you could get hurt and thats just not worth the risk. I do believe the cheap welds in 2008 bikes were done by machine and not hand welded i think they switched companys for it and made a huge mistake.

Quick Reply: Any 2010-11 700 issues?