Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

RIDE THIS COMMING WEEKEND

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to report back on the great ride out at Simpson Springs. It was a lot of fun and a great time was had by all. The rain/snow on Friday scared a lot of people off but it was actually very nice riding on Saturday.
The road going out to Simpson Springs was really muddy. My truck and trailer were caked in it. We arrived at the campgrounds about 10:00am and washed are machines off a little. about 11:00 we headed out on the trail. This must have been an Arctic Cat club because thats what everyone rode except for a couple of people. The ride was planned to travel parts of the Pony Express trail and see some old abandoned minning areas. The lower elevations were dry, then as you climed it turned into mud and then snow. Pretty soon the snow was too deep to make it over the passes. we tried two different routes and both times we had to turn back. So we turn around and went and looked at some of the abandoned mine shafts and had lunch. It was a lot of fun and very interesting to stop and see some of the old buildings and monuments. There was this area that had some sandy hills to climb. We played around there for a while and had a great time. We made it back to the trailers around 3:30 loaded up the machines and headed home. The road was pretty well dried out and but just damp enough to keep the dust down. I had a great time and look forward to going out again.