Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Get lifted, twice

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have not realy got to test it in deep enough mud to realy say, but in water I think it has made a clear difference. I can water wheelie alittle easier.

Today I called up the mechanic at the dealer and asked him about the carb. He knew right away what was the problem. There is a little PCV valve as he called it on the a-air box. On the right side front of the air box pointing right, it's the little ruber cap. IF you have ever had your cat on your rear rack or close to it(like in one of my pictures) then you need to drain this. When I drained it I didn't see much oil come out, but what a difference it made. It idles ALOT better now.

It also made a huge difference in water wheelies. Yesterday it would not come up in low range 1st gear at all, and 2nd gear needed a good bit of speed to get it up to my likings. But today in 1st gear it pops up with no problems at all. It almost came over on me quite a few times.

I will be pulling the tires and spring spacer lift kit tomorrow(probaly). Then after I get it close to stock(HL lift and rear spacers are staying but otherwise it will be stock) tomorrow I'm gonna go to walmart and get some oil and other stuff. Might ride over to Taco bell while I'm there.(My cat is my commuter).

Well if anyone has any questions just ask.