Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Snorkle

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 12:15 PM
sly
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you snorkle the 500 auto, you snorkle the right side tranny vent, and their is another vent under the seat. (not the air for carb). A 2" black 90 DEG. hose. Does this also need to be snorkled? Also is their a way to + or - pressure test it when your done. THANKS

Old 04-10-2001, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sly,

I have never seen an Arctic Cat, but as far as I know, all belt driven auto trannies have a vent. If there is a vent, then there must be an intake. The vent as you call it under the seat is probably the intake for the air to the tranny. This is how it is on my Grizzly. Follow the tube and it will probably enter at the top side on the back of the tranny housing. This should also be snorkeled. While you are at it, look at snorkeling the air intake. If the AC is like the Grizzly, the intake for the tranny is about 3 inches below the engine intake. My theory is that if water enters the tranny, it will cause the belt to slip and then stop progress before the water is deep enough to go into the engine intake, sort of a "safety" feature. If you snorkel the tranny, you may end up with a dry belt, but no engine.

Just my thoughts, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Good Luck!

Yammer_Hummer